presentation mode feedback

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:47pm

presentation mode feedback

I’m trying to use [thispatcher] to change my window sizes based upon whether the window is being viewed in presentation or patching mode.

I’ve seen this post: http://www.cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=13539

But, I would prefer to have this process automated and without user interaction beyond clicking the “mode” icon-button (because a lot of my patches open in presentation mode). Thanks.

P.S. avoiding solutions employing js/other programming languages is ideal for me. i only know/understand max.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:59pm

Take a look at the DSP Status… window in Max. Unlock it, and you will see a toggle called “View” near the top. Cmd-Click that toggle and watch what happens. The magic is all inside the subpatcher called View. You could adapt that with a button or toggle that the user clicks to change views and sizes.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:51pm

The DSP status window I’m familiar with is accessible through the “options” tab in the app menu @ the top of the screen. The window I’m thinking of can’t be unlocked. Which window should I be thinking of?

I would rather not add other user controls. I wish for this process to be automated with the user’s selection of presentation/patching mode via the icon-button found in the bottom row of buttons on the patcher window.

Although, I’ve had an idea for a workaround:

Is there a way to track the movement of objects within a window? So, an object’s moving to its user determined “presentation mode” position will simultaneously trigger the re-sizing of the window via messages sent to a [thispatcher].

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:57pm

That’s exactly the window I’m talking about. It can be unlocked (Cmd-E), and then you will see the secret “View” button.

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:15pm

oh, ok. i see the button. thanks.

although, this is going to take some time to digest. thanks for the tip.

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:21pm

although, it seems as if getting feedback from max’s “presentation mode” button is inaccessible.

so far, the only stuff i see is the same stuff i saw in the link provided in my original post.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:14am

When you switch out of presentation mode, you will see a subpatcher called [p View]. Double-click that and you will see all the messages that allow the patcher to be resized when it goes in and out of presentation view.

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:17am

right, i got that. it’s the same method from the compressed patch code in the above thread (link in my original post)

i want the re-sizing to occur without having to add an extra control for switching between presentation & patching mode (i just want to avoid having one more object in my interface). so, i want to use the numerical feedback (if any) from the “mode” icon button in the bottom row of the patcher’s window to trigger the re-sizing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.