presets & bpatchers

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:24pm

presets & bpatchers

Hi,

just a (simple) question: is it possible to include Bpatchers with the preset-object? If yes, how? Just puting the preset-object into the patch in which I have included Bpatchers doesnt work…

thanks,
rene

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:16pm

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:40pm

The master-preset technique is great, I use it a lot. Many times you want presets to only handle one small collection of parameters in a large patch, and you want independent control of other groups. But then you figure out that certain combinations of those presets work well together… so… attach an integer box to the preset (minimum of 1, and going as high as the # of presets), then attach a master preset to that box and any others you have.

These int boxes can be hidden or not. If not, sometimes it’s nice to use the arrow keys to scroll quickly through each preset instead of clicking. Clicking isn’t a problem, you say? True in most cases, but having a number box also lets you access them programatically or automatically (though technically you can do these without it). But it also lets you use a keystroke to select the number box for focus (so you could hit “p” and know that you’re now in that preset’s number box, then use arrows or numbers to choose… this can be done without looking, or with windows on top, etc.) You’d probably want to hook a “set $1″ message out of the “preset # recalled” outlet back to that number box, so that if you click a preset, the int box reflects the choice.

For presets to remember values inside a bpatcher, subpatch, or “object patch” (abstraction), you need to have inlets which go to the parameters desired. Then attach the preset—which in this case is outside—to those inlets, voila.

Really like the color/size controls of the new preset object, it looks great and is way more flexible as an interface object now!

–CJ

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:29am

Thanks to all.

I will try it out and see which solution works best for me.

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:15am

Hi,

I now tried the autopattr object and it works great! Thanks again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.