Forums > MaxMSP

presets

May 28, 2007 | 7:49 pm

I am wanting to know if its possible to recall UI settings from a bpatcher with the preset object set in the main patch. At the moment it doesn’t seem to work. If this is not possible can anyone suggest a way that I can do this?
Many thanks,
Steven

May 28, 2007 | 10:34 pm

Quote: Steven wrote on Mon, 28 May 2007 13:49
—————————————————-
> I am wanting to know if its possible to recall UI settings from a bpatcher with the preset object set in the main patch.

You really should just start using pattr. Barring
that, why not put a preset object in the bpatcher
and send the same number message you use for the
preset in the upper patch to the preset object in
the bpatcher?

May 28, 2007 | 11:03 pm

At 4:34 PM -0600 5/28/07, Gregory Taylor wrote:
>Quote: Steven wrote on Mon, 28 May 2007 13:49
>—————————————————-
>> I am wanting to know if its possible to recall UI settings from a bpatcher with the preset object set in the main patch.
>
>You really should just start using pattr. Barring
>that, why not put a preset object in the bpatcher
>and send the same number message you use for the
>preset in the upper patch to the preset object in
>the bpatcher?

The main reason I can think of is that all bpatchers will have to have the same preset database if preset is used. Because I still need to make patches that run on OS 9 (!), I tend to use a scheme of my own devising that uses colls, and a simple abstraction of coll, called rcoll (for remote coll). I keep the real colls in the main patcher, and reference them with rcoll in the bpatcher.

Example patchers upon request.

-C

Chris Muir | "There are many futures and only one status quo.
cbm@well.com | This is why conservatives mostly agree,
http://www.xfade.com | and radicals always argue." – Brian Eno

May 28, 2007 | 11:48 pm

Hi Chris,
thanks for your reply. I guess I need to read up on pattr and the related objects but your idea sounds good. I’d like to see your example yes. To be honest I just want the easist option for now as I have to present my finished synth to the class on Wednesday and I want to have some ace presets to demo it. Its just I can’t save any of the effects and LFOs, which I just realised and they are both in separte bpatchers.
Steven

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)