Forums > Jitter

Probably very stupid question about jitter and my webcam

May 1, 2009 | 7:49 pm

I have looked through previous posts and havent found what I am looking for so I do apologise for asking a silly question.

I am wanting to achieve colour blob tracking with jitter and have downloaded the cv.jit pack but I have encountered a problem at the very first hurdle! When i open a patch and try and start the live video input nothing comes up.

I have a webcam built in to my pc so thought it would give me the output of the webcam straight away. I know that the webcam works with other programs.

Is there something in the preferences i need to change or something i can troubleshoot to find out what is wrong. ONce again sorry for asking a silly question and thank you very much in advance for any help!

All the best!

May 5, 2009 | 4:52 am

Straight from the jit.qt.grab help file… you usually don’t have to look far for answers.

"WINDOWS USERS: jit.qt.grab requires the use of a 3rd party vdig. We recommend either WinVDIG (free) or the Abstract Plane VDIG:"

hope that solves your problem.

May 5, 2009 | 11:23 pm

Thankyou very much! i did see thatin the help file but i thought it meant for use with an external camera and not the internal webcam, schoolboy error, doh! thanks alot for answering anyway!

May 8, 2009 | 2:30 am

Hi,

I am not sure if you still need help on this.

Anyway, for Windows users, change the "qt" in "jit.qt.grab" to "dx". That is, you should write "jit.dx.grab" instead of "jit.qt.grab" It should work Smile

Note:
"qt" stands for QuickTime (Mac platform)
"dx" stands for DivX (Windows platform)

Hope this helps Smile

May 9, 2009 | 11:09 am

Cheers for this mate,. it seems to work now anyway but i will bear that in mind about qt and dx, thanks alot!

May 11, 2009 | 6:38 am
Xinni wrote on Thu, 07 May 2009 20:30
"dx" stands for DivX (Windows platform)

Actually, "dx" should stand for DirectX, I guess. DivX is only a codec, not an entire multimedia architecture like QuickTime, and is not a Microsoft technology.

May 11, 2009 | 6:51 am

Yes yes I think you are right. ‘dx’ stands for DirectX. Max 5.0 was driving me crazy at the time of my posting I must have gotten confused. Sorry for the mistake!

May 11, 2009 | 11:00 am

Cheers for clearing that up, I was getting confused!

I dont suppose any of you know how to help me with my problem with colour blob tracking? Here is the post

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=39487&start=0&rid=8145&S=43421d421d443e36feda77a7a41ac895

Cheeeers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)