Forums > Jitter

problem connecting dv-cam to jitter

December 10, 2006 | 8:54 pm

hi,

my problem is that i cant see my panasonic nv gs280 with the grab object… i have a mac and i cant install the drivers bcos theyre pc only..

max tells me:
could not create video channel -9405
error opening device for grab

nothing happens when i press "getinputlist"

only the option IIDC "firewire video" appears..

hrrrmpf… can someone help me ?


December 10, 2006 | 9:44 pm

If you go to Quicktime, and do new movie recording does anything show
up? If not, you may be out of luck because if Quicktime can’t do it,
jit.qt.movie can’t do it. I don’t remember which model it was, but I
was never able to get a Panasonic camcorder I was using a few months
ago into jitter after a day of trying. If you do get it to work,
share your solution with the list.

best,
wes

On 12/10/06, Dieter_Laser wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> my problem is that i cant see my panasonic nv gs280 with the grab object… i have a mac and i cant install the drivers bcos theyre pc only..
>
> max tells me:
> could not create video channel -9405
> error opening device for grab
>
> nothing happens when i press "getinputlist"
>
> only the option IIDC "firewire video" appears..
>
> hrrrmpf… can someone help me ?
>


December 10, 2006 | 9:45 pm

On 12/10/06, Wesley Smith wrote:
> If you go to Quicktime, and do new movie recording does anything show
> up? If not, you may be out of luck because if Quicktime can’t do it,
> jit.qt.movie

This should be jit.qt.grab. Sorry.

wes


December 11, 2006 | 4:20 am

If you are having trouble getting the Mac to recognize your camera
you may want to check out the generic driver and application, MACAM

http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

It supports a lot of different cameras for input to a MAC and maybe
it will work with yours.

Best of Luck

Greg

On Dec 10, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:

> If you go to Quicktime, and do new movie recording does anything show
> up? If not, you may be out of luck because if Quicktime can’t do it,
> jit.qt.movie can’t do it. I don’t remember which model it was, but I
> was never able to get a Panasonic camcorder I was using a few months
> ago into jitter after a day of trying. If you do get it to work,
> share your solution with the list.
>
> best,
> wes
>
> On 12/10/06, Dieter_Laser wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> my problem is that i cant see my panasonic nv gs280 with the grab
>> object… i have a mac and i cant install the drivers bcos theyre
>> pc only..
>>
>> max tells me:
>> could not create video channel -9405
>> error opening device for grab
>>
>> nothing happens when i press "getinputlist"
>>
>> only the option IIDC "firewire video" appears..
>>
>> hrrrmpf… can someone help me ?
>>


December 11, 2006 | 2:04 pm

I find this somewhat surprising, since a DVCam should be a DVCam
should be a DVCam. I’ve successfully used jit.qt.grab with Sony and
Canon cams, personally, and I think there are plenty of Panasonic
users happily grabbing away.

Are you using the device in 4:3 or in 16:9 mode?

jb

Am 10.12.2006 um 22:44 schrieb Wesley Smith:

> If you go to Quicktime, and do new movie recording does anything show
> up? If not, you may be out of luck because if Quicktime can’t do it,
> jit.qt.movie can’t do it. I don’t remember which model it was, but I
> was never able to get a Panasonic camcorder I was using a few months
> ago into jitter after a day of trying. If you do get it to work,
> share your solution with the list.


December 11, 2006 | 3:49 pm

For what its worth – Ive come into contact with quite a few DV/DVCam
devices in my day job that will not function with Quicktime of Final
Cut. Mostly decks, but some cameras. Not saying this one wont work,
but DVcam is Dvcam (with vendors stupid incompatible spec changes and
errate) is Dvcam is Dvcam :)

Also, its worth noting that many cameras actually have firmware
updates to fix incompatibilities. Might want to check that out.

Good luck!

On Dec 11, 2006, at 9:04 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> I find this somewhat surprising, since a DVCam should be a DVCam
> should be a DVCam. I’ve successfully used jit.qt.grab with Sony and
> Canon cams, personally, and I think there are plenty of Panasonic
> users happily grabbing away.
>
> Are you using the device in 4:3 or in 16:9 mode?
>
> jb
>
> Am 10.12.2006 um 22:44 schrieb Wesley Smith:
>
>> If you go to Quicktime, and do new movie recording does anything show
>> up? If not, you may be out of luck because if Quicktime can’t do it,
>> jit.qt.movie can’t do it. I don’t remember which model it was, but I
>> was never able to get a Panasonic camcorder I was using a few months
>> ago into jitter after a day of trying. If you do get it to work,
>> share your solution with the list.
>

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)