Forums > Jitter

Problem going fullscreen with OpenGL

April 21, 2007 | 1:44 pm

I can’t seem to get any output on my secondary monitor when going fullscreen with a jitter window.

I am making a new jit.window with the @floating 1 attribute. When I drag it to my secondary monitor and go fullscreen, I just get a black screen. When I drag it to my primary monitor, everything is working fine.

I am using Max 4.6/Jitter 1.6 on Windows, with an nVidia 6800 graphics card.

I suspect something needs to be changed in the graphic card settings, but what?

April 21, 2007 | 1:46 pm

To clarify further – the output window is *always* black on the secondary monitor, whether in windowed mode or fullscreen mode.

The same output window works fine on the primary monitor, either windowed or fullscreen.

April 21, 2007 | 2:04 pm

More info: If I use the VideoBlobs example from the Jitter Recipes, and just add @floating 1 to the jit.window, that example works perfectly.

However, if I open the help patch for jit.gl.slab, and do the same thing (add @floating 1 to the jit.window), then I only get black on the secondary monitor.

April 21, 2007 | 2:29 pm

Further info:

when jit.gl.slab help patch is running (after adding @floating 1 to the jit.window), I can drag the window back and forth across the monitors.

when part of the window is still on the primary monitor, the whole window is fully drawn, and I get the usual "jit.gl.render: building GL on window "foo"…" message

however, when the window is *entirely* on the secondary monitor, it then goes completely black, and occasionally, this error appears:

ob3d_draw_preamble initial: GL Error: Invalid operation

sometimes I get this error instead:

jit.gl.texture: error disabling readback mechanism for capture: GL Error: Invalid operation

I think it depends on whether the jit.window was on the primary or secondary monitor when I started the patch running.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)