Forums > MaxMSP

Problem on auto reset to default audio device

October 20, 2008 | 8:58 am

Hi pals,

I have a problem that sometimes my choice of audio device reset to default (ad_mme) by itself.

I am using a firewire audio interface, Focusrite Saffire, on a PC, with Max 4.6.3

Everything is fine that I can choose the driver in DSP Status and using the device and finish composing my patch. However, when I reboot my PC and sometimes (not always) the DSP Status reset to ad_mme, and of course my patch won’t work anymore.

Of course I can manually change it back, but it is not going to be possible when I need to run it in runtime later.

Therefore, any way I can enforce a use of an audio device use ";max" or some other message ?

William

October 20, 2008 | 10:20 am

Hi
I have the same problem.Derek

October 21, 2008 | 8:14 am

williamshome schrieb:
> Of course I can manually change it back, but it is not going to be
> possible when I need to run it in runtime later.

If you place the patch below into your runtime, it will, and with the
delay it might even choose the correct driver on start. (Will of course
only work with the same interface once you saved it…)

Btw. the DSP status window is a normal Max patch, which will run in a
runtime as well. You just haven’t got the menu to open it…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

October 10, 2012 | 3:08 pm

Hi, i have a similiar problem, but my audio interface (m-audio fasttrackpro) has the driver "CoreAudio" just as the built-in-output as well, but then i have to select the "Output Device" to "FastTrackPro". I didn’t find the possibility to use "adstatus" with the "output device" tab though…

Any workarounds?

October 10, 2012 | 3:40 pm

maybe this: http://olilarkin.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/olautosetad.html

?

October 10, 2012 | 4:17 pm

ah wonderful!

thanks,

tobias

October 10, 2012 | 4:25 pm

ah no, it still selects the "built in output", even if i write the correct output into it… (f.e. ol.autosetad "CoreAudio Soundflower (2ch)" "CoreAudio Built-in Output")

but now i found a solution just modyfying the audio status window and save it under another patcher name….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)