problem with grab and pvar?

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:17pm

problem with grab and pvar?

hi

i’m not sure if grab is behaving properly with pvar?

check this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:56am

According to the reference, anything that gets in the pvar’s inlet is sent to the associated object. Keep in mind that grab is actually producing a bang from the rightmost outlet. That means that grab doesn’t represent the object to which it connects, but, guessing now, that there’s a mechanism that keeps the object from outputting result. This mechanism actually works with pvar, as it doesn’t output anything when you grab the result.
Your problem can be solved by rewiring the grab to the numberbox connected from pvar, of course.

_
johan

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:54pm

jvkr wrote on Wed, 22 April 2009 07:56According to the reference, anything that gets in the pvar’s inlet is sent to the associated object. Keep in mind that grab is actually producing a bang from the rightmost outlet. That means that grab doesn’t represent the object to which it connects, but, guessing now, that there’s a mechanism that keeps the object from outputting result. This mechanism actually works with pvar, as it doesn’t output anything when you grab the result.

Hi, I have read and understand the spec for [pvar] and [grab].

Yes. [grab] is correctly blocking the output of the [pvar] object. Since the [pvar] object is associated with the [float] object called “value”, shouldn’t the [float] object’s output be blocked also?

See here, the behaviour is as I would expect:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.