Forums > Max For Live

Problem with Line Object / Smoothing Automation Sent to Live.Dial

August 13, 2013 | 4:00 pm

I have searched for 2 hours now before posting here but I cannot find this, apologies if I’ve missed the thread.

So, I have random numbers being generated in the simple patch below. I want the data to be able to come in all jittery and random – to keep this part jagged – but to find a way to smooth the live.dial transitions. The line object is simply eluding me and I have no error messages to shine the light on where I’m going wrong in this patch.

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me the obvious mistake below or a way around it. I just want to get the changing data to be read as $1, unless that’s an idiotic approach. Right now I’m using the mean object which is completely fine to solve my issues…but it’s irking me why I am too idiotic to get the line object to work here.

Thanks dearly for your time.

Cat

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

August 13, 2013 | 6:03 pm

You might want to check out the "LFO" device inside the max for live essentials pack that comes with live 9. This has a jitter and smoothing effect and I believe they are quite new implementations (possibly better)

August 13, 2013 | 7:06 pm

hey thanks so much, i didn’t even think of that but use that LFO device all the time.

August 13, 2013 | 11:59 pm

August 14, 2013 | 4:28 am

Hi
there were a couple of minor errors in your patch, which I have corrected and annotated, with a suggested alternative solution:

Brendan

August 14, 2013 | 10:38 am

Stephane – that was exactly my problem. Thank you endlessly!

Brendan – two perfect ways to now do this. Thank you so, so much, I will save these for future experiences with tunnel vision.

August 15, 2013 | 12:19 am

a small improvement so you can change the ramp time.

August 15, 2013 | 11:30 am

even better, thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)