Forums > MaxMSP

Problem with [nodes]

October 12, 2012 | 8:45 am

Hi maxers,

I made a patcher with the object [nodes] thanks to the help. When I open my patcher the object is not recognize as you can see on the screenshot.
The patcher is upload.

The max window message :
" nodes: no such object"

I don't anderstantd where is the problem because it's an external and I have made my patcher with a help patcher.
If you can help. Thank you
PapyLives

[attachment=205813,4524]

Attachments:
  1. nodes.maxpat

October 12, 2012 | 2:59 pm

all anyone can say with this is that it’s a problem related to your max configuration. You could try trash the max preferences files, which will be recreated, or reinstalling max, that sort of thing…. do you not have another external object called "nodes" which could interfere ? I could open the patch without problem here (max 6.0.7 macosX 10.6.8). Did you restart max to begin with ? did it work well after restarting ?


October 12, 2012 | 4:38 pm

Look in your search paths for anything named nodes.* (nodes with any suffix)


October 12, 2012 | 7:30 pm

Looks like the problem is with the name of the patch itself. Rename it nodes1.maxpat and it should work.


October 13, 2012 | 7:02 pm

@tegid :D


October 14, 2012 | 10:17 am

@vichug : I have no external installed on my Max6. My file path is clear.

@ tegid o : I will try your solution, I hope at the next update of max the [nodes.1] object will works again !!


October 15, 2012 | 3:18 am

Remember that if a patcher is in the search path, you can instantiate it as an abstraction. So this is likely to be the problem here, Max can’t know if you want to load the nodes object or the abstraction/patcher called nodes too.


October 15, 2012 | 8:33 am

The object is called [nodes], not [nodes.1]. It’s your patch that should be renamed [nodes.1] (or whatever) and not the object ;)


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)