Forums > MaxMSP

problem with patch

buz
April 20, 2011 | 11:59 am

Hi guys, I have been getting help from a member called Brendan, but I have a deadline coming up VERY soon and just need a last bit of advice for my patch.
I am trying to add a random audio sample player, so every time a pressure sensor pressed to the threshold of 110, is it triggers a random sample. Everything works fine except the random samples.
I have got it working crudely with the preload method, but it doesn't seem to work properly.

any advice to complete my patch and I will be FREE!

[attachment=159927,2107]

Attachments:
  1. degreetest.png

April 20, 2011 | 12:28 pm

Maybe a [prepend open] between the menu object and the sfplay~? Since the threshold is 110, who knows Roman has better advice, he’s the expert.

April 20, 2011 | 1:56 pm

yes, i think i recall suggesting a [prepend open] myself; another alternative would be to use multiple [sfplay~] objects and send random numbers to a [selector~ 6], where 6 is the number of [sfplay~] objects. Re-read the [sfplay~] helpfile, including the [p more features] subpatch.

Alternately, just use this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

a more sophisticated version would use the [dropfile] object too, but whatever……….
Brendan

April 20, 2011 | 2:04 pm

…….but what is this forum for if not sharing?

Here’s a handy utility which autopopulates a [umenu] with soundfile names and path, from any folder on your HD:

Brendan

as long as we all get a mensh in your bibliography!!

buz
April 23, 2011 | 11:43 am

Thanks so much for your help and advice!
I have ALMOST got the patch working but there are a couple of bugs I can't sort out.
basically all of the preloads only play about 5 seconds is there a script that makes a sample play to the end?
I looked at sfplay and it says that you can define a start time say 800ms on a preload, but fi you leave the rest blank it should play to the end?

regards,

[attachment=160169,2116]

Attachments:
  1. degreetest.png

April 23, 2011 | 12:11 pm

110 is not the treshhold, it is the reference for perfect sound.

April 23, 2011 | 3:26 pm

We can only help if you post your patch, rather than an image of it……

buz
April 23, 2011 | 4:02 pm

Here is a segment of the patch. It is essentially duplicated.

April 23, 2011 | 6:57 pm

I fixed a few things:

buz
April 23, 2011 | 7:20 pm

FANTASTIC! I think the problem might have been my labeling of the sflist, the number was only meant to distinguish it from another sflist, and maybe adding that number made it think i wanted them to run for 4 seconds?
I removed the number and it’s fixed!

Thank you so much for your help, and indeed everyones, if you want to post your names I will add them to my acknowledgement list.

regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)