Problems resizing a slab that is being composited with video in fullscreen

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:37am

Problems resizing a slab that is being composited with video in fullscreen

Hi – I have a resizing / fullscreen issue.

I have a patch in which I pull in an app I wrote in openFrameworks via syphon. It gets put onto a slab, which is then composited with a 16:9 video. This matrix is then composited with another video and chroma-keyed, so that you can remove parts of the foreground video to reveal the background video. The whole thing is put on to a videoplane, which is set to @transform_reset 1 @scale 1.77777 (16:9). This allows the videos to maintain their proper 16:9 format (960×540) in full screen mode.

The problem I’m having is that the slab with the syphon content gets stretched wide, and I’m not sure where or how to resize it in a way that the videos don’t also get stretched, as they are exactly how I want them. I’ve attached the patch – the part to pay attention to is the lefthand side (the bottom left box) – which is where all the compositing and resizing happens.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that’d be great. I’ve tried a lot of combinations to resize things with no success so far. I should point out that I can also set the output size of the syphon content (by default it is 640×480) – but so far changing its size hasn’t seemed to matter when the content goes fullscreen.

Attachments:
  1. sfx.maxpat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.