Forums > MaxMSP

Problems with Rewire

October 21, 2013 | 12:58 am

Hey Guys and Girls!
I have a Problem running my Max/Msp via Rewire. Always when I choose ad_rewire in the audio status, close the menu and go back to the audio status, my driver is resetet to none. Do you have any suggenstions how i can solve that problem?

Greetings
Christian

October 21, 2013 | 4:21 am

Hi Kryshe, are you using a Mac? I am using Rewire without problems on Mac/Lion, Max 6.0 (v1.3). Only noticed that I had to open Max first and then Ableton, otherwise it wouldn’t work or at least it would be a bit temperamental.

October 21, 2013 | 6:21 am

Hey! Yeah I´m using Mac with OsX. And I tried it by starting Max first and starting Ableton first. But the Problem is that when I turn the Audiodriver to ad_rewire and close the audio status window and open it again the driver is set to none. I had the same Problem on my old mac. I guess its just a simple click but i dont know… I´m now routing audio to my patches via the outputs and inputs of my interface but i think its better for me using the rewire function.

October 21, 2013 | 6:24 am

and i do not have ableton 9 so that i can not use max for live and i want to use my patches in logic pro as well…

November 5, 2013 | 10:51 am

I’m having the same issue. Does your max window say ‘Rewire system version too old’ when you try to start the rewire driver? Mine says this every time I try to use the rewire driver although I’ve made sure I have the latest rewire installed and moved an alias of the MSPReWireDevice.bundle into Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/ as some people have suggested.

Needless to say, it is incredibly frustrating..

November 6, 2013 | 1:03 am

No, my max window didn´t say that my rewire version is too old. But I didn´t know that i have to install a rewire driver? I thought it is not necessary because rewire works with ableton and logic for example. Or is that something else in Max?

November 6, 2013 | 4:18 am

No, you’re right. You shouldn’t have to install a rewire driver for it to work. But, when I emailed cycling 74 support they said ‘When in doubt, you can always try to reinstall Rewire. Sometimes this helps to re-register applications as valid rewire devicess’, so I gave it a shot. Needless to say, this has gotten me nowhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)