Forums > MaxMSP

Program Structure Help

December 24, 2006 | 8:16 am

Hi group,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I’m a newbie to Max/MSP and Jitter for about 3 weeks now and have been reading through your recent posts. My demo version only has days to go, and I am considering program structure for a standalone program with the hope of it being useful for an upcoming project prior to purchasing.

This leads me to a couple of questions. I am creating a simple testbed program for testing visual tools that I create with Jitter and small methods one by one or in small groups for a larger application.

For this I am assuming I need a main patcher window with the code, a Javascript UI and a GL window sent to videoout on my graphics card and all connected by Max/Jitter messages.

I have been through most of the tutorials and found the hints and info very informative, although now have a few questions.

1. Is there a tutorial that explains sending batches of messages rather than individual messages between patches? I am currently using pack, unpack for this… is there another way?

2. Is there a tutorial for placing a GL window automatically at application startup?

3. Is there a tutorial for setting the initial window state at program starup, ie. minimized, maximised?

4. Would the best structure be to use [subpathes] or seperate patches?

5. Which is the best Javascript resource pertaining to this program, with UI examples?

TIA,

Timothy

System setup
———–
Win XP
Intel P4
512Mb
nVidia GeForce FX 5200XT
Wacom tablet
TASCAM US-428

- – - -

http://www.insight-visuals.com