Forums > Misc

[project] Integration.04 performance

dtr
July 19, 2012 | 1:44 pm

Hi patchers,

From time to time I do actually produce some stuff besides hanging out here on the forum. The latest of these endeavors is the performance instrument Integration.04: http://www.dietervandoren.net/index.php?/project/integration04/

95% Max patching.

Best D.

July 20, 2012 | 1:41 am

Te gek! I like.
That’s you dancing there? Or did you (next to the audiovisual stuff) do the choreography as well?

You aren’t by any chance performing at Gogbot (Enschede) this year?

dtr
July 20, 2012 | 10:27 am

It’s all me :)

Btw, to me it’s not dancing but playing the audiovisual instrument. Of course there’s strong connections to dance, not the least in the use of the body (motion) in space as an expressive means. But this has a different starting point than an interactivated dance piece.

Not confirmed yet, but there’s a big chance I’ll perform at Gogbot.

July 20, 2012 | 12:13 pm

Ah sorry. I saw movement and wrongly interpreted it as dancing ^^
What you do is even better! Something I also always try to achieve with my noncommercial work.
You (or the user) is not a plain spectator but part of the piece/installation. Interwoven within the generative / reactive (interactive?) environment. :)

I hope Kees will put you on the lineup. If you’re there, I’ll definitely go and have look.
And If you’re there I’d also suggest to have a look inside the Oude kerk. Its going to be awesome :D

dtr
July 20, 2012 | 1:23 pm

> You (or the user) is not a plain spectator but part of the piece/installation. Interwoven within the generative / reactive (interactive?) environment. :)

Yes exactly. I tried to develop an instrument with a closely bound bodily interaction/immersion. Inspiration is taken from acoustic instrument play with its very intricate and complex interaction between the skin, bone structure, breath etc of the human player and the string vibrations, chamber resonances, etc of the mechanical instrument. I have come to see the instrument as the unified composition of the human and mechanical body. That ‘s one of the guidelines in the development of this project, to apply this to a digital audiovisual instrument. Of course the complexity of physical phenomena involved in acoustic play is not met here (cf. particle or even sub-atomic physics) but one’s gotta start somewhere ;)

dtr
September 19, 2012 | 8:57 pm

And here’s a new video of the project, with a little Max cameo :]

https://vimeo.com/49780214

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)