Forums > Jitter

project video into a moving silhouette

December 12, 2006 | 1:47 am

I’ve been looking around for a patch that will help with a project, perhaps someone out there can help.

I want to project a video into a live silhouette of a person. I’m using lumakey to change a person into a silhouette and thats working fine, but I’m having no luck in getting a movie to project into the form. What I’ve been able to do is play a video or place an image behind the lumakeyed feed. This gets at something like what I want, but the background movie doesn’t "stick" to the silhouette. I’m wondering if there is a to do something similar to putting a texture over a 3D model without creating a model. Can the background movie be mapped onto the silhouette?

My closest solustion so far is to use videoplace and have the plane move with somesort of video tracking. Its a pretty cluncky approach.

Any suggestions would be great. Just a push in the right direction is all I need.

THANKS!

December 12, 2006 | 4:46 am

December 12, 2006 | 10:28 am

Quote: Travis wrote on Mon, 11 December 2006 18:47
—————————————————-
> This gets at something like what I want, but the background movie doesn’t "stick" to the silhouette.

> My closest solustion so far is to use videoplace and have the plane move with somesort of video tracking. Its a pretty cluncky approach.

If you want the movie to "stick" to the silhouette, you’re going to have to implement some sort of video tracking.

December 12, 2006 | 10:45 am

jit.op @op * wouldn’t work for you?

Keith

On 12/11/06, Travis

wrote:
>
> I’ve been looking around for a patch that will help with a project, perhaps someone out there can help.
>
> I want to project a video into a live silhouette of a person. I’m using lumakey to change a person into a silhouette and thats working fine, but I’m having no luck in getting a movie to project into the form. What I’ve been able to do is play a video or place an image behind the lumakeyed feed. This gets at something like what I want, but the background movie doesn’t "stick" to the silhouette. I’m wondering if there is a to do something similar to putting a texture over a 3D model without creating a model. Can the background movie be mapped onto the silhouette?
>
> My closest solustion so far is to use videoplace and have the plane move with somesort of video tracking. Its a pretty cluncky approach.
>
> Any suggestions would be great. Just a push in the right direction is all I need.
>
> THANKS!
>

December 12, 2006 | 11:30 am

Hello Travis,

For good video tracking, have a look at cv.jit library, you can find it
through http://www.maxobjects.com

For basics, have a look at jit.findbounds also.

Hope this helps,
nesa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)