Forums > MaxMSP

Purchasing custom built patch

April 27, 2009 | 8:01 pm

Hello, this is my first post in the forums although I’ve been a Max dabbler for the course of a year or so. I hope this is the right place to post this- if not, I apologize, feel free to delete this thread.

I don’t have the knowledge yet of the deeper parts of Max and I consider myself more of a composer and performer not so much a programmer, so I was wondering if it is possible to employ a Max programmer to design a patch that would fit my needs. I know this sounds a bit obscure, but I’m wanting a really powerful patch capable of processing live audio input (such as a voice, electric guitar, or violin) and dramatically altering it. If anyone is familiar with the artist Hans Tammen, I really admire his patch and something along those lines would be wonderful. I’m looking for something to give me a lot of possibilities with the audio fed into the computer.

I would be willing to work out details with the programmer to be a little more specific. If anybody is interested in working with me, you can contact me at tylermains@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much,
Tyler

April 28, 2009 | 12:33 am
liveperformer wrote on Mon, 27 April 2009 13:01
If anyone is familiar with the artist Hans Tammen, I really admire his patch and something along those lines would be wonderful.

you should do what he did:

interview with Greg Taylor and Hans Tammen
GT: The trajectory you’re describing is interesting – it’s both a kind of story about emergence in terms of searching for more immediate and physical means to do something that interests you, but also this parallel interest in… quickness? lightness? fluidity? You’re looking for ways of maximizing possibility in every way you can. Although it seems like an obvious question, how did Max come into your life?

HT: Well, I married a Max programmer….

April 28, 2009 | 1:32 am

you could also adopt a max programmer.

or better yet, abduct one.

April 28, 2009 | 2:17 am

Haha, I love the way you both think.

April 28, 2009 | 2:45 am

There is wisdom in their comments. Indeed, when you think Max patch, it’s a little like with any software, you must also think debugging, testing, deployment, maintenance, evolution… Maybe marriage is good for Max, not sure Max is good for marriage.
J-F.

April 29, 2009 | 11:13 pm

A few programmers have contacted me and the talent looks promising. If anybody else is interested, please feel free to email me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)