Pushing List Items

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:48am

Pushing List Items

Hello, I hope someone here can help me. What I am trying to do is for each time a key is press, the key code for that key is added to the end of an ongoing list of pressed keys. I think I need to used something like zl join to get this to work, but I’m not having much luck yet. I have some experience with things like javascript but I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around Max. My snippet is pasted here. Thank you!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:28am

yes, it’s possible with [zl join].

here’s a couple of ways of doing it (the difference being that the [zl] solution will remember what has been stored already even if you delete the message box, whereas the [append] solution only adds the last typed number to the list, so it will “reset” if you clear the message box).

(these add the new numbers to the beginning of the list – if you want to add the numbers to the end of the list, change [append] into [prepend], or add a [zl rev] before the message box in the [zl] example)

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:30am

Here is one way with a dirty hack.
The reason of the use of the “_” is that there is that zl doesn’t handle empty lists. There are for sure other ways to do it.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:35am

Can also be done with [zl queue], if you don’t need continuous output of the list.

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:54pm

Wow, you guys are fantastic. Thank you so much!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.