qt.record and audio

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:04pm

qt.record and audio

Hello all.

Was wondering whether any one knows how to record audio with qt.record? I have made an audio visualizer and would like to post a video on the net but am having problems due to not being able to record the audio in time with the video.

Also what is a good codec to us for quality to size ratio?

Thanks any insight would be great.

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:25pm

use jit.vcr for audio+video recording.

why not record the output as high quality as possible, then compress
for web with your encoder of choice? it will probably make for better
quality in the long run.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Stuart Spencer wrote:
>
> Was wondering whether any one knows how to record audio with qt.record? I have made an audio visualizer and would like to post a video on the net but am having problems due to not being able to record the audio in time with the video.
>
> Also what is a good codec to us for quality to size ratio?
>

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:30pm

nice, there was me thinking it wold be something complicated but i was wrong.

What is a good free encoder for OSX any ideas. Thanks much appreciated.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:35pm

yep, I’ve noticed that even with jpeg normal, qt.record / vcr makes kind of big files. After running them thru Vegas they look pretty much the same but are about 8-10X smaller. Not sure what’s going on there, but that’s totally OK since you can do so much cool stuff with Max :)

I’d jit.vcr at hi quality, never mind the file size (which will be big), then re-render in iMovie. Motion JPEG B at about 60-70% quality has treated me well, you can also try the h.264, which is a smaller file but I’ve noticed some jumpiness and blockiness on occasion. Depends a lot on the colors/contrast/motion too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.