quicktime and audio import.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:30am

quicktime and audio import.

hi.

Does anyone have any idea how I could extract quicklime movie audio channels in to their own audio buffers on import, I realize that the spigot~ object can split off the realtime audio on playback, but I need to view the qt file’s audio channels as actual separately imported waveforms within their own buffers, not live signals.

Any idea how this could be done?

Richard.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:37pm

You can use import with a buffer~ – it worked with the few movie files I tested. Hope it is of use.

EDIT: forgot to put in the 0 -1 in the import message to override the buffer length on import. Fixed it now.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jul 31, 2011 at 11:35am

Thanks grizzle, yep working here too.

So 0-1 pertains to the buffer size, cool. I’m getting a better picture of quicktime and jitter now, your patch helped me a lot, thanks.

Ideally I ‘d like to use the drop box here, so any movies dropped update all the buffers including ie jit’s buffer and this import buffer.
I don’t see how a drop box would work here though, I’m guessing that maybe you wouldn’t patch a drop box directly to the import buffer, you’d use a different buffer with an info object which in turn updated the import message instead?

lol, I’ll try this next anyhow.

nice one grizzle.

Richard.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.