Quicktime Video Codec

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:27am

Quicktime Video Codec

Hi guys,

I know, this issue is not new at all. But I was wondering about one thing regarding the use of video in jitter.
I tried to encode a QT-Movie with different codecs. As I read in this forum, the PhotoJPEG codec @ high quality seems to be a good choice. But I only get framerates around 17 fps (video size is 1440×576). Also, the framerate is very unstable and changes depending on the content and the complexitiy of the scene.

Tech Specs:
Intel Xeon Dual 3.2 GHZ,
2GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280.

Ok, then I tried the “Video” codec and framerates go up to 30 fps and are stable whatever content is running.
So why not using the video setting instead?
Any help is very appreciated!

Daniel

visit: http://www.projektionsareal.org

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:34am

Depending on what you’re doing, you may also want to use jit.qt.movie
@colormode uyvy. This will save qiute alot of bandwidth and you can
use shaders on the GPU to process your video.

wes

On 8/21/06, Daniel Klotz wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I know, this issue is not new at all. But I was wondering about one thing regarding the use of video in jitter.
> I tried to encode a QT-Movie with different codecs. As I read in this forum, the PhotoJPEG codec @ high quality seems to be a good choice. But I only get framerates around 17 fps (video size is 1440×576). Also, the framerate is very unstable and changes depending on the content and the complexitiy of the scene.
>
> Tech Specs:
> Intel Xeon Dual 3.2 GHZ,
> 2GB RAM,
> NVIDIA Quadro NVS.
>
> Ok, then I tried the “Video” codec and framerates go up to 30 fps and are stable whatever content is running.
> So why not using the video setting instead?
> Any help is very appreciated!
>
> Daniel
> —
> visit: http://www.projektionsareal.org
>

Aug 30, 2006 at 9:47pm

ok, sorry for bothering..tried the codec on different sources and it looks just terrible this time…ultra bad artifacts at 100% quality..

just don’t mind ;) Photo-Jpeg at 75% seems to be the best choice..

Daniel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.