Forums > Jitter

RAM

March 21, 2008 | 12:54 pm

Hi! my name is Nuno Estrela and im having a problem that that so far no one was able to enlighten me. I’m using jitter with to cams and im geting about 3 to 7 fps, but when i go and look to my computer rates it still has 3Gb of free ram and the processor is at about 18% of usage on a macbook pro with Leopard. the same has occurred with one synt i made on msp. So is there any way i can allow more cpu and ram usage by max?

Thanks in advance
Nuno Estrela

March 21, 2008 | 3:22 pm

As far as i know, with dv cam you dont need so much ram.I took a look at my ram usage when I hook a dv cam, ram status changes not eve for 2 mb. There must be something else.

March 21, 2008 | 3:42 pm

I’m using firewire cameras, but i think that the probleme is somewere else, because has i said, it also did this on some other patches before on msp. Wath i really need to know is if there is a place on max that limits the amount of ram that the programe can use, or something like that.
When i go to performance options, i get a better fps rate and it works a bit faster, but i should not need to do that when i still have so much free Ram and cpu.

March 21, 2008 | 3:56 pm

It is going to be easier to blame it on max, if you post your patch to test it on another machine.

March 21, 2008 | 4:09 pm

Hi, once more :)
Actually, i already tested it on a mini mac, and the performance was exactly the same. So its not the machine.

March 21, 2008 | 4:19 pm

Might be something with your patch , but it is O.K if you want to stay mysterious about it.

March 21, 2008 | 7:00 pm

Hello,
Knowing that you are using 2 cameras is unfortunately not enough
information for us to help you much. Post a patch that demonstrates the
issue, and maybe everyone can provide some assistance. You might also
have a look at the various threads relating to optimization on this forum.

Best,
Andrew B.

March 21, 2008 | 8:44 pm

No mystery…lol… but the patch is really big and has lots of subpatches for different ends. I would just like to know if max had any feature on were you could set the amount of ram it could use… but it seems that there is not such ting :)
So i will strip all this patches and try to locate any problem.

Thanks for all your replies

March 21, 2008 | 11:24 pm

where to begin…

without a patch.. no where…

help us help you.

On Mar 21, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Estrela wrote:

>
> Hi! my name is Nuno Estrela and im having a problem that that so far
> no one was able to enlighten me. I’m using jitter with to cams and
> im geting about 3 to 7 fps, but when i go and look to my computer
> rates it still has 3Gb of free ram and the processor is at about 18%
> of usage on a macbook pro with Leopard. the same has occurred with
> one synt i made on msp. So is there any way i can allow more cpu and
> ram usage by max?
>
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nuno Estrela
>
>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)