Forums > MaxMSP

Re: Accurate tempi

March 3, 2008 | 4:40 pm



o s
March 3, 2008 | 5:56 pm

pasting patch into max does not work

best
ole


March 3, 2008 | 6:55 pm

On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Ole Schmidt wrote:
> pasting patch into max does not work

Do you have the external el.samm~ from Eric Lyon?

If not, check maxobjects.com.

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com



o s
March 3, 2008 | 10:22 pm

I have the externals from Eric Lyon
Copying the text from the thread into a max patch window is not working, strange…

ole

Quote: Chris Muir wrote on Mon, 03 March 2008 19:55
—————————————————-
>
> On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Ole Schmidt wrote:
> > pasting patch into max does not work
>
>
> Do you have the external el.samm~ from Eric Lyon?
>
> If not, check maxobjects.com.
>
> Chris Muir
> cbm@well.com
>
>
>
>
>
—————————————————-


March 3, 2008 | 10:32 pm

I get this once in a while. Perhaps there are some long lines that are
being split.

On 3/3/08 5:22 PM, "Ole Schmidt"

wrote:

> I have the externals from Eric Lyon
> Copying the text from the thread into a max patch window is not working,
> strange…
>
> ole

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


March 3, 2008 | 11:36 pm

Hello, first post here, although I have been an avid reader of the forums for a while. I have the problem of patches sometimes not being able to load from the clipboard. In this case it was fixable by adding the following to the text:
at the top:
max v2;
#N vpatcher 10 10 800 800;

and as the last line:
#P pop;

I don’t know what caused those lines to not be included, but I was able to create a new patch from clipboard after adding them.

best,
Jeff


March 4, 2008 | 12:31 am

Interesting. I selected all in my patch then copied and pasted as usual
Anyone know why those lines weren’t included?

On 3/3/08 6:36 PM, "Jeff Huston" wrote:

>
> Hello, first post here, although I have been an avid reader of the forums for
> a while. I have the problem of patches sometimes not being able to load from
> the clipboard. In this case it was fixable by adding the following to the
> text:
> at the top:
> max v2;
> #N vpatcher 10 10 800 800;
>
> and as the last line:
> #P pop;
>
> I don’t know what caused those lines to not be included, but I was able to
> create a new patch from clipboard after adding them.
>
> best,
> Jeff

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


March 4, 2008 | 12:46 am

If I open as text these lines are there but selecting all with copy and
paste they are not. But some have been able to open it without those lines.

On 3/3/08 6:36 PM, "Jeff Huston" wrote:

>
> Hello, first post here, although I have been an avid reader of the forums for
> a while. I have the problem of patches sometimes not being able to load from
> the clipboard. In this case it was fixable by adding the following to the
> text:
> at the top:
> max v2;
> #N vpatcher 10 10 800 800;
>
> and as the last line:
> #P pop;
>
> I don’t know what caused those lines to not be included, but I was able to
> create a new patch from clipboard after adding them.
>
> best,
> Jeff

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


March 4, 2008 | 12:45 pm

It is a Mac vs PC issue:
you don’t need the extra lines for a Mac

Cheers,

Carey

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Gary Lee Nelson
wrote:
> If I open as text these lines are there but selecting all with copy and
> paste they are not. But some have been able to open it without those lines.
>
>
>
> On 3/3/08 6:36 PM, "Jeff Huston" wrote:
>
> >
>
>
> > Hello, first post here, although I have been an avid reader of the forums for
> > a while. I have the problem of patches sometimes not being able to load from
> > the clipboard. In this case it was fixable by adding the following to the
> > text:
> > at the top:
> > max v2;
> > #N vpatcher 10 10 800 800;
> >
> > and as the last line:
> > #P pop;
> >
> > I don’t know what caused those lines to not be included, but I was able to
> > create a new patch from clipboard after adding them.
> >
> > best,
> > Jeff
>
>
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>
>
>
>


March 4, 2008 | 12:55 pm

Ah, I see. What’s a PC?

On 3/4/08 7:45 AM, "carey dodge" wrote:

> It is a Mac vs PC issue:
> you don’t need the extra lines for a Mac
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carey
>
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Gary Lee Nelson
> wrote:
>> If I open as text these lines are there but selecting all with copy and
>> paste they are not. But some have been able to open it without those lines.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 3/3/08 6:36 PM, "Jeff Huston" wrote:
>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>> Hello, first post here, although I have been an avid reader of the forums
>>> for
>>> a while. I have the problem of patches sometimes not being able to load from
>>> the clipboard. In this case it was fixable by adding the following to the
>>> text:
>>> at the top:
>>> max v2;
>>> #N vpatcher 10 10 800 800;
>>>
>>> and as the last line:
>>> #P pop;
>>>
>>> I don’t know what caused those lines to not be included, but I was able to
>>> create a new patch from clipboard after adding them.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Jeff
>>
>>
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gary Lee Nelson
>> Oberlin College
>> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


March 4, 2008 | 7:20 pm

Quote: dodgeroo wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 05:45
—————————————————-
> It is a Mac vs PC issue:
> you don’t need the extra lines for a Mac
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carey

I don’t think it is just a Mac vs PC issue. After a little more experimenting, I agree that it is not necessary to have the extra lines for a Mac. Adding the extra lines required pasting into a text editor, typing and then re-copying before creating a new document from the clipboard in max. The process of copying from the browser window, pasting in a text editor, (I tried textEdit and TextWrangler) re-copying (without adding anything) and then creating a new patch from the clipboard in Max works. Seems like some sort of encoding anomoly or soomething, I don’t really know.

I am on a mac.

-Jeff


March 4, 2008 | 7:40 pm

FWIW – What I find consistently works is: copying from a MaxMSP
patch, pasting into a new text document within MaxMSP itself, then
copying and pasting that to my email app (OSX Mac Mail) for posting
to the forum. So far, I’ve never run into problems going the opposite
direction – pasting from clipboard in MaxMSP directly from my email app.

I’m on a Mac, also.

On Mar 4, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Jeff Huston wrote:

>
> Quote: dodgeroo wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 05:45
> —————————————————-
>> It is a Mac vs PC issue:
>> you don’t need the extra lines for a Mac
>>
>
> I don’t think it is just a Mac vs PC issue. After a little more
> experimenting, I agree that it is not necessary to have the extra
> lines for a Mac. Adding the extra lines required pasting into a
> text editor, typing and then re-copying before creating a new
> document from the clipboard in max. The process of copying from the
> browser window, pasting in a text editor, (I tried textEdit and
> TextWrangler) re-copying (without adding anything) and then
> creating a new patch from the clipboard in Max works. Seems like
> some sort of encoding anomoly or soomething, I don’t really know.
>
> I am on a mac.

—-
Steven M. Miller
Professor, Contemporary Music Program
College of Santa Fe

Home < http://pubweb.csf.edu/~smill>
SFIFEM <
http://sfifem.csf.edu>
Atrium Sound Space <
http://atrium.csf.edu>
OVOS <
http://pubweb.csf.edu/~smill/ovos.html>
CMP <
http://www.csf.edu/academics/contemporary_music/>


Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)