Forums > Jitter

Re: direct recording to disk… hello?

August 26, 2006 | 10:30 am

I post this again as it seems taht nobody saw it.
It really bugs me and it’s kind of urgent!

> As is always the case, you will never get any better stream than the source itself. Hence, I
would recommend trying to keep as native as possible during capture. NTSC DV is 720×480. Use
exactly DV NTSC witrh a resolution of 720×480 with this input to maximize fps and minimize any
other potential compression artifacts. After the fact you can change as you see fit (like
converting to 640×480 to
> compensate for non square pixels, or using the PhotoJPEG codec for faster decompression).
>
> -Joshua

hi all,
by the way, I m having some troubles at the moment with setting the codec of the jit.qt.grab
grab_to_disk ability.
I m using a DVpal cam, and the codec seems to be locked on DVPAL which takes too much room on the
HDs.
have a look below.
I m running jit 1.52 max 4.57 & qt 7.01

H E L P !

//yac

max v2;
#N vpatcher 30 89 632 741;
#P user jit.pwindow 97 268 402 302 0 1 0 0 1 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P comment 278 163 18 196617 ->;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 24.;
#P comment 298 154 129 196632 3.5 Mb/s !;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P comment 291 232 21 196617 < -;
#P window linecount 2;
#P comment 315 232 190 196617 half DVPAL res to get read of interlacing & to gain some HD space;
#P window linecount 3;
#P comment 173 152 103 196617 whatever codec I ask for , jit.qt.grab always uses DVPAL; #P window
linecount 1;
#P comment 321 98 21 196617 < -;
#P user jit.fpsgui 30 112 60 196617 0;
#P message 113 135 350 196617 write HD3:/HG/capture/relax_don’t_do_it-0000.mov 25 mjpega normal;
#P toggle 98 45 15 0;
#P message 146 97 174 196617 open , channels 1 , samplerate 44100; #P message 175 210 29 196617
stop;
#P message 109 97 33 196617 close;
#P newex 98 68 57 196617 qmetro 40;
#P newex 98 231 190 196617 jit.qt.grab 720 288 @write_audio 1;
#P window linecount 3;
#P comment 344 85 165 196617 by the way , writting channels and samplerate values within
jit.qt.grab doesn’t work for me;
#P user panel 110 129 364 64;
#X brgb 191 191 191;
#X frgb 0 0 0;
#X border 1;
#X rounded 0;
#X shadow 0;
#X done;
#P fasten 3 0 9 0 103 98 35 98;
#P connect 7 0 3 0;
#P fasten 3 0 2 0 103 91 103 91;
#P fasten 8 0 2 0 118 227 103 227;
#P fasten 6 0 2 0 151 117 103 117;
#P fasten 5 0 2 0 180 227 103 227;
#P fasten 4 0 2 0 114 117 103 117;
#P connect 2 0 16 0;
#P pop;


September 4, 2006 | 2:10 pm

Thanks. I can reproduce. The problem will be fixed in the next update
of Jitter.

jb

Am 26.08.2006 um 12:30 schrieb Yacine Sebti:

> hi all,
> by the way, I m having some troubles at the moment with setting the
> codec of the jit.qt.grab
> grab_to_disk ability.
> I m using a DVpal cam, and the codec seems to be locked on DVPAL
> which takes too much room on the
> HDs.
> have a look below.
> I m running jit 1.52 max 4.57 & qt 7.01


September 4, 2006 | 3:18 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I wasn’t waiting for this answer anymore…
but I’m happy to hear it’s going to be fixed.
does ‘next update’ meen 1.62 and when should it be released?

thanks,

//yac

> Thanks. I can reproduce. The problem will be fixed in the next update
> of Jitter.
>
> jb


September 4, 2006 | 3:26 pm

Yes and soon.

jb

Am 04.09.2006 um 17:18 schrieb Yacine Sebti:

> does ‘next update’ meen 1.62 and when should it be released?


September 4, 2006 | 3:34 pm

suppa

tnx again

//yac

> Yes and soon.
>
> jb
>
> Am 04.09.2006 um 17:18 schrieb Yacine Sebti:
>
>> does ‘next update’ meen 1.62 and when should it be released?
>
>


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)