Forums > Jitter

Reading a sequence of images fast

Nat
March 31, 2008 | 7:53 pm

I’m working on a stop-motion system where the user takes pictures, those pictures end up (as jpgs) in a folder, and I have a jitter patch that reads those pictures in a loop as they are taken. This seems to work fine by just calling read myphotoXX.jpg into a jit.qt.movie (using a metro and a custom java object that outputs the path of the files sequentially) but it’s pretty slow. Any suggestions on how I could do this while using less ressources ?

March 31, 2008 | 8:29 pm

Nat
March 31, 2008 | 8:35 pm

That would be an idea, however, as new images arrive on the machine as the images is played back, that might be tricky…

March 31, 2008 | 8:54 pm

November 5, 2010 | 1:47 pm

Hi, I’m in the same project… Could you someone help to know how to start… I’m really new in Max and this is my first project….

If you have an idea or a post that can explain me some details….

Best…

KinoLab

November 5, 2010 | 1:57 pm

hi,

you could try to instaciate a jit.gl.texture for every new picture you take. then use a jit.gl.videoplane to display those pictures…

it should be faster than reading from the hard drive.

cheers

g

MIB
November 5, 2010 | 5:33 pm

have a look at jit.matrixset it was made for that sort of thing.

November 8, 2010 | 10:19 pm

thanks for yours answer… I’ll let you know

best

November 9, 2010 | 11:12 pm

Hi, I’m trying to create the patch… but :
Two problems…
1 – i don’t know how can i set the exportimage of jit.qt.grab to crate a sequence of jpg.. it overwrite the jpg each time…

2 – How can i set the jit.matrixset to analyse the folder each (metro) time and ajout the news jpg ??

Sorry but I’m starting with max….

best

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)