reading non_max_made .txt into text

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:54pm

reading non_max_made .txt into text

Jan 29, 2007 at 11:16pm

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:03am

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:03am

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:44pm

bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
> as far as I know, text files from the “text” object are encoded in
> macRoman (XP and OSX), and this object may only accept macRoman
> encoded characters.
> That’s why probably you run into problems when using neooffice or
> other text editors that may output UTF-8 encoded characters by
> default.

But then still Open office and simpletext should create the same result
and if you do it in Textwrangler you can choose the format and it still
doesn’t work.

If I double click the text object it shows all lines correctly, if I
send the line command, it will put out only a single “set”. The same
with the max created works fine…

There must be a bug, I tried all variants on coding and line breaks.

But if I create a new file it will read correct. With Simpletext or with

Maybe the files created on windows are fine for windows, and the one on
Mac are fine for the Mac…


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:49pm

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:56pm

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:29am

Falk Grieffenhagen wrote:
> Now I found out I have to be a bit more precise asking for
> txt-format.

Not about the format, just tell them to use simple text which is on
every Mac. It works with its default setting. But a little smart parser
in Max which would be able to make intelligent assumptions, could be
helpful as well.

Of course in Max 5 I expect externals which do understand meta data of
text files… (for the record of the feature collection department of


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:59am

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:39pm

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:43pm

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:07pm

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:26pm

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:39am

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:39am


You must be logged in to reply to this topic.