Forums > MIRA

Really need a vertical comment/label object for use with Mira

June 9, 2014 | 5:57 am

I know there are workarounds but I think that the ability to have a vertical label object for use with Mira would be extremely useful.
In particular, when you have a view that has 16 (say) faders in it, there really isn’t room for horizontal labels underneath them, so a vertical "strip" makes much more sense.

June 10, 2014 | 8:40 am

Somebody posted this

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 10, 2014 | 8:44 am

Yeah, I’ve already tried that one — it’s rather clever and works to some extent. The problem is you have to start messing with artificial delays because if you send two text messages, with the intent of the latter replacing the former, you end up up with the two messages concatenated together.

I’m really trying to avoid artificial delays in my new design

June 10, 2014 | 9:53 am

After trying a lot of solutions (non working), a delay between two messages seems the only one.

June 10, 2014 | 10:00 am

Uh, yeah, which is why I commented that there needs to be a vertical label (comment) object in Max for use with Mira

October 21, 2014 | 2:54 pm

try using this instead of thresh…seems to do the job and works with mira for me.
count the characters in the original list with zl.len, multiply by two to allow for the spaces. turn it back into a list using zl.group. only one list will be processed at a time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)