recall midi setting in same control.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:21pm

recall midi setting in same control.

had a search on the forum and a few other places on this subject, but am coming up dry.
though i think i am wording my subject wrong, maybe not. i dont know, its late now :)

i am sure this has been asked before, but cant find evidence.
but what i am searching for is when using a midi controller [say on channel 1], is to store a setting of the midi control, switch midi channels [to channel 2], use the same control and edit something else, then switch back to the previous channel [channel 1] and turn the control until it locks back into the setting it was first at, then i can carry on with controlling the said effect/range.
so when i switch channels back and forth it does not skip to where the control is currently based at when affected.

i dont whether i have explained myself much, but have tried to type it out as clear in what would happen, or would like to happen. i have messed with some patching on this, but am coming up a little dry, though am sure i am right in using [coll].
anyhow, i do need to get some kip. get this off my back for the night.

thanks…

lewis edwards
——
smokingbunny.co.uk

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:26am

Sounds like a job for poly~

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:11am

sounds like a job for mrs. [gate].

coll, yes, when it is about many/all CCs. for only 10 you might want to use [i] as register between input data and target.

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:49pm

aye, all good ideas. i am sticking with [coll] and [i], [poly~] would be a good choice alsoi, but am stating away from that for the time being, because i am sure i can do something without it. not saying i dont use [poly~], just trying other options first.

but thanks for the replies none-th-less.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:49pm

still having a bit of a time getting this done. got [i] and also have been looking at [gate], but no solving, keep on starting from the beginning each time.

if anyone else does have anything to help i would be grateful.

thanks…

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:02pm

hello,
i would go on with pattrstorage system!!
A slot per midi channel…?
May be you could post your patch?
Cheers

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:41pm

sorry i dont have a patch to share, mainly because they are all just crap and have me messing with [sel] [i]. but will look at [pattrstorage]

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:42pm

look at my “catch” abhaXion. Its made for this sort of problem. It will only output after it catches a set value…

In case you haven’t got it already, get it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/288305/St.ools%20for%205.zip

(it didn’t change since long, seems still in Max 4 format…;-)

Stefan

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:21pm

tahnks for the offering stefan, much appreciated.

i have looked at the abstraction and have tried messing with different channels using the same control and also two of the [catch] things, but it still jumps. i dont if i am doing anything wrong.

i had ‘de-encapsulated’ the catch object just to make it easier for posting and to see if anyone may know. but it does still jump. but thank you still for your help

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

its not that i would like to mess with the control with a mouse then play with a control, it is all going to be controller based, so when going back to a control it doesnt jump to where it is now. though your catch object is insightful to get stuck in.

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:48am

I thought I had something, and it’s, well, *something*, but my mushy brain told me to give up. still, maybe someone can see where I supposedly thought I was going :)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.