Forums > Jitter

receive a video stream from an address

September 25, 2007 | 1:58 pm

I need to grab a video stream from an address like an url or an unicast.
Does exist an object like jit.broadcast but that works exactly the opposite of it? (that can receive a video stream from an address).

thank you for help


September 25, 2007 | 2:11 pm

jit.qt.movie

On Sep 25, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Fabio wrote:

>
> I need to grab a video stream from an address like an url or an
> unicast.
> Does exist an object like jit.broadcast but that works exactly the
> opposite of it? (that can receive a video stream from an address).
>
>
> thank you for help
>
>


September 25, 2007 | 2:33 pm

thank you.
But sure I’m missing something obvious, jt.qt.grab does not work only with an entire file?

How do I use it to read a streaming video?


September 25, 2007 | 4:02 pm

not. its a quicktime movie player wrapper. this, what you can do in
QT player and QT proper, you can do with jit.qt.movie

read http://server.example.com/stream.sdp for example

On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Fabio wrote:

>
> thank you.
> But sure I’m missing something obviuos, jt.qt.grab does not work
> only with entire an file?
>
> How do I use it to read a streaming video?
>

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


September 25, 2007 | 4:09 pm

send the message "read my.url/or/stream.here" to jit.qt.movie

it’s in the help file

On 9/25/07, Fabio wrote:
>
> thank you.
> But sure I’m missing something obviuos, jt.qt.grab does not work only with entire an file?
>
> How do I use it to read a streaming video?
>
>


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)