Forums > MaxMSP

Record from jit.gl.render

July 1, 2013 | 7:56 am

Hi,

For a while I have been trying to find a way to record a a quicktime movie of from this patch. I tried different HD screen grabbers but they all came out with really low resolution. I’ve looked around and I didn’t find a way to record straight from a jit.window. Any ideas on how I can achieve this ? Patch below.

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

July 1, 2013 | 8:54 am

You can set jit.gl.render to render to a jit.matrix, then record that matrix with jit.vcr or jit.qt.record. You can change the rendering destination using the ‘drawto’ attribute of jit.gl.render. See Jitter Tutorial 31: Rendering Destinations.

July 1, 2013 | 9:32 am

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your answer. I did connect the jit.gl.render to a jit.matrix but as you can see on the patch underneath it only gives a pixelated shape that doesn’t respond to jit.gl.handle and to jit.gl.texture. It was working absolutely fine with the jit.window but when I connect it to jit.matrix it seems to go completely wrong. Patch below.

<code>

</code>

July 1, 2013 | 12:21 pm

the recommended way of recording your gl output is with the jit.gl.asyncread object.

July 1, 2013 | 3:15 pm

I did try the jit.gl.asyncread object quite a few times but I was faced with two problems.

First it slows down the patch quite dramatically.

Second in order to record from jit.gl.asyncread you have to set fsaa to 0 which lowers the quality of the video.

July 1, 2013 | 4:38 pm

maybe syphon recorder?

http://syphon.v002.info/recorder/

July 2, 2013 | 2:45 am

I tried using the jit.gl.syphonserver a few times but it kept on crashing on Max 6.1 … I’ve just tried it on Max 6 and it didn’t crash but I still can’t get jit.gl.node to communicate with the syphon server / client. Latest patch attached

<code>

</code>

July 2, 2013 | 6:41 am

Any thoughts on this ? I’ve been looking into this for months now with no luck and I can’t proceed with my project unless I get passed this obstacle ! It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

July 2, 2013 | 8:50 am

you have to either connect the middle outlet of the gl.node to the gl objects you want to capture, or give the gl.node a name attribute and set the first argument of the gl objects to that name.

syphonserver works fine for me in 6.1 32 bit.

July 2, 2013 | 10:01 am

I have done this and it didn’t work again. I’m a novice in and that’s probably why I can’t figure it out. After all these months I have to conclude that there isn’t a way to capture an HD recording with either a screen grabber, any jitter object or externals like syphon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)