Forums > MaxMSP

Recording sound from an integrated mic AT THE SAME TIME as integrated webcam

March 22, 2011 | 2:44 pm

Hi I am working on my first ever project in MAX, which also happens to be for my final Degree project in MEdia Practice and Theory (Digital Media) I have spent months trying to create a patch that records a video clip from the integrated webcam when a key is pressed, and stops recording (and saves the video to the hardrive) when another key is pressed. However hard I try though I can’t figure out how to also capture the sound for the recording from an integrated mic in the IMAC. I am really struggling and this is the last bit I need to figure out. I have looked through countless help files for the grabber and the sound settings for that, and for buffer etc but I really struggle with it. I just want to also capture the sound so that I have one clip of the person moving/talking. I don’t want to do anything with this except have them saved on the hardrive. Please please help if you think you can as I only have three weeks to figure our what has had me stumped for months!!

Thanks, :)

Kelly

March 22, 2011 | 3:03 pm

Did you check jit.qt.grab‘s helpfile? Especially the [p grab-to-disk] patcher?

I just tried (I never tried before), it took me 30s to get a beautifull movie with my voice. So 3 weeks is plenty of time!

March 22, 2011 | 4:01 pm

Or check out jit.vcr if you need to make adjustments to the sound…

March 23, 2011 | 10:33 am

I did yes, but as someone new to MAX I don’t understand the help files. I press things and look in the MAX window but don’t really understand which are the bit that I am after.

March 23, 2011 | 3:28 pm

If you don’t understand the help files, then start with the tutorials. Jitter’s tutorial 21 is about jit.qt.grab.
-> http://www.cycling74.com/docs/max5/tutorials/jit-tut/jitterchapter21.html

2 weeks and 6 days left. Should be enough ;-)

March 24, 2011 | 10:37 am

Yup tried that lol!

Not quite what I’m after, or else I can’t get it to work.

Ah well, I’ve managed without a degree before! And its not like there are any jobs out there anyway! lol Time to throw in the towel!

Thanks though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)