Forums > MaxMSP

Recording the FM synthesizer

July 11, 2008 | 2:39 pm

I enjoy working with Max/MSP 5′s FM Synthesizer which is located in the examples folder in the synth folder. Does anyone know how I can record myself experimenting with the FMSynth because I like the sounds and want to make them into sound files. Does anyone know what I should do and how to record them? The FM synth seems to be a bit complicated and it’s also a presentation. I tried to make the FM Synth in a subpatcher in another patch, but that didn’t seem to work. Would I need to edit the FM Synth? If so, how would I do it? Thank you very much.

July 11, 2008 | 2:59 pm

On 11 juil. 08, at 16:39, John wrote:

>
> I enjoy working with Max/MSP 5′s FM Synthesizer which is located in
> the examples folder in the synth folder. Does anyone know how I can
> record myself experimenting with the FMSynth

Look in Max’ Extras menu, there is a very handy Quickrecord.

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://www.crfmw.be/max

July 11, 2008 | 3:30 pm

you could always use Quickrecord, located in extras menu.
-chuck

—– Original Message —-
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 10:39:49 AM
Subject: [maxmsp] Recording the FM synthesizer

I enjoy working with Max/MSP 5′s FM Synthesizer which is located in the examples folder in the synth folder. Does anyone know how I can record myself experimenting with the FMSynth because I like the sounds and want to make them into sound files. Does anyone know what I should do and how to record them? The FM synth seems to be a bit complicated and it’s also a presentation. I tried to make the FM Synth in a subpatcher in another patch, but that didn’t seem to work. Would I need to edit the FM Synth? If so, how would I do it? Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)