Forums > MaxMSP

Relative folder path in ubumenu autopopulate

September 23, 2006 | 1:13 am

I don’t know if this was ever addressed but it doesn’t seem to work in 4.5.

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


September 23, 2006 | 8:09 am

It wasn’t ever addressed. I would use "absolutepath" -> "prepend
prefix" triggered by a loadbang.

jb

Am 23.09.2006 um 03:13 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:

> I don’t know if this was ever addressed but it doesn’t seem to work
> in 4.5.


September 23, 2006 | 11:16 am

I am trying to create folders for patches that are completely
self-contained. For example: a main patch with a subfolder for subpatches
and others that contain sound files, images or other media used by the
patch. This would work if Max searched subfolders but it does not seem to
do that so I was trying ./FX/ and the like in the folder slot of ubumenu.

On 9/23/06 4:09 AM, "Jeremy Bernstein" wrote:

> It wasn’t ever addressed. I would use "absolutepath" -> "prepend
> prefix" triggered by a loadbang.
>
> jb
>
> Am 23.09.2006 um 03:13 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:
>
>> I don’t know if this was ever addressed but it doesn’t seem to work
>> in 4.5.
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


September 23, 2006 | 1:32 pm

exactly. send "./FX/" to the absolutepath object, and then use that
as a prefix in ubumenu.

jb

Am 23.09.2006 um 13:16 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:

> I am trying to create folders for patches that are completely
> self-contained. For example: a main patch with a subfolder for
> subpatches
> and others that contain sound files, images or other media used by the
> patch. This would work if Max searched subfolders but it does not
> seem to
> do that so I was trying ./FX/ and the like in the folder slot of
> ubumenu.


September 23, 2006 | 2:14 pm

hah, Ive never known about absolute path for some reason.

here is what came up with, fwiw. save the patch somewhere, so it
actually resides on disk.

max v2;
#N vpatcher 10 59 933 707;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P message 653 75 29 196617 path;
#P newex 109 415 20 196617 t b;
#P objectname u593000286[13];
#P message 126 440 452 196617 prefix "tokyo:/Documents/Projects/Max
Patches/vade advanced prototype/Modules/Effects/";
#P newex 126 393 131 196617 prepend set;
#P objectname u593000286[14];
#P newex 126 352 131 196617 tosymbol;
#P objectname u593000286[15];
#P newex 126 372 138 196617 prepend prefix;
#P objectname u593000286[16];
#P window setfont Silkscreen 9.;
#P user ubumenu 126 482 134 189857801 0 1 1 2;
#X setrgb 0 0 0 255 255 255 230 230 230 0 0 0 141 141 141 112 112 112;
#X add " Passthrough";
#X add ChromaFeedback;
#X add ColorSeperator;
#X add Glitch;
#X add "Glitch Scanwrap";
#X add Glop;
#X add Plur;
#X add Rubix;
#X add Tiffany;
#X add Wake;
#X types maxb maxb;
#X prefix_set 0 1 "tokyo:/Documents/Projects/Max Patches/v.001/
Modules/Effects/" 2;
#X pattrmode 1;
#P objectname v001.FXChooser[1];
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P newex 127 184 69 196617 sprintf %sFX;
#P objectname u593000286[12];
#P newex 704 174 58 196617 s finalbang;
#P objectname u593000286[11];
#P newex 721 145 38 196617 v path;
#P objectname u593000286[10];
#P newex 704 124 27 196617 t b l;
#P objectname u593000286[9];
#P newex 653 51 48 196617 loadbang;
#P objectname u593000286[8];
#N thispatcher;
#Q end;
#P newobj 653 103 61 196617 thispatcher;
#P objectname u593000286[7];
#P newex 272 128 58 196617 r finalbang;
#P objectname u593000286[2];
#P newex 255 263 20 196617 t b;
#P objectname u593000286[4];
#P message 272 286 452 196617 prefix "tokyo:/Documents/Projects/Max
Patches/vade advanced prototype/Modules/Effects/";
#P newex 272 241 131 196617 prepend set;
#P objectname u593000286[6];
#P newex 272 200 131 196617 tosymbol;
#P objectname u593000286[5];
#P newex 272 220 138 196617 prepend prefix;
#P objectname u593000286[3];
#P newex 272 154 38 196617 v path;
#P objectname u593000286[1];
#P newex 272 177 94 196617 sprintf %sModules;
#P objectname u593000286;
#P window setfont Silkscreen 9.;
#P user ubumenu 272 310 134 189857801 0 1 1 2;
#X setrgb 0 0 0 255 255 255 230 230 230 0 0 0 141 141 141 112 112 112;
#X add " Passthrough";
#X add ChromaFeedback;
#X add ColorSeperator;
#X add Glitch;
#X add "Glitch Scanwrap";
#X add Glop;
#X add Plur;
#X add Rubix;
#X add Tiffany;
#X add Wake;
#X types maxb maxb;
#X prefix_set 0 1 "tokyo:/Documents/Projects/Max Patches/v.001/
Modules/Effects/" 2;
#X pattrmode 1;
#P objectname v001.FXChooser;
#P connect 18 0 20 0;
#P connect 14 0 17 0;
#P connect 17 0 16 0;
#P connect 16 0 18 0;
#P connect 18 0 19 0;
#P connect 20 0 19 0;
#P connect 19 0 15 0;
#P connect 2 0 14 0;
#P connect 5 0 7 0;
#P connect 8 0 2 0;
#P connect 2 0 1 0;
#P connect 1 0 4 0;
#P connect 4 0 3 0;
#P connect 3 0 5 0;
#P connect 5 0 6 0;
#P connect 7 0 6 0;
#P connect 6 0 0 0;
#P connect 10 0 21 0;
#P connect 21 0 9 0;
#P connect 9 1 11 0;
#P connect 11 0 13 0;
#P connect 11 1 12 0;
#P pop;

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

On Sep 23, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> exactly. send "./FX/" to the absolutepath object, and then use that
> as a prefix in ubumenu.
>
> jb
>
> Am 23.09.2006 um 13:16 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:
>
>> I am trying to create folders for patches that are completely
>> self-contained. For example: a main patch with a subfolder for
>> subpatches
>> and others that contain sound files, images or other media used by
>> the
>> patch. This would work if Max searched subfolders but it does not
>> seem to
>> do that so I was trying ./FX/ and the like in the folder slot of
>> ubumenu.
>


September 24, 2006 | 5:28 pm

On 23-Sep-2006, at 16:14, vade wrote:

> hah, Ive never known about absolute path for some reason.

Also, you could write [prepend set prefix] instead of using two
prepend objects.

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


September 24, 2006 | 5:35 pm

Hey Peter, you could make a little javascript to preload the rollover images of the menu to the left on http://www.dspaudio.com/. The site will look even better :)

Mattijs


September 25, 2006 | 4:54 pm

./FX/ with and without quotes returns "notfound" from absolute path.

On 9/23/06 9:32 AM, "Jeremy Bernstein" wrote:

> exactly. send "./FX/" to the absolutepath object, and then use that
> as a prefix in ubumenu.
>
> jb
>
> Am 23.09.2006 um 13:16 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:
>
>> I am trying to create folders for patches that are completely
>> self-contained. For example: a main patch with a subfolder for
>> subpatches
>> and others that contain sound files, images or other media used by the
>> patch. This would work if Max searched subfolders but it does not
>> seem to
>> do that so I was trying ./FX/ and the like in the folder slot of
>> ubumenu.
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


September 25, 2006 | 5:22 pm

I just use a simple javascript function for this (in this case to set
the path of my icons subdirectory):

var iconsFilePath = "";
var appFilePath = "";

/**
* Set up file paths, mostly for loading icons later.
*/
function loadbang()
{
iconsFilePath = "";
appFilePath = "";

if (max.isruntime) appFilePath = max.apppath;
else
{
var tmp = this.patcher.filepath.split("/");

//if (debug == 1)
//post("Filepath: "+ tmp + "n");

tmp.pop(); //remove patcher name

for(var c=0; c
{
appFilePath += tmp[c] + "/";
}
}
iconsFilePath = appFilePath + "textures/";
outlet(0, "icons", iconsFilePath);
}

On Sep 25, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:

> ./FX/ with and without quotes returns "notfound" from absolute path.
>
>
> On 9/23/06 9:32 AM, "Jeremy Bernstein" wrote:
>
>> exactly. send "./FX/" to the absolutepath object, and then use that
>> as a prefix in ubumenu.
>>
>> jb
>>
>> Am 23.09.2006 um 13:16 schrieb Gary Lee Nelson:
>>
>>> I am trying to create folders for patches that are completely
>>> self-contained. For example: a main patch with a subfolder for
>>> subpatches
>>> and others that contain sound files, images or other media used
>>> by the
>>> patch. This would work if Max searched subfolders but it does not
>>> seem to
>>> do that so I was trying ./FX/ and the like in the folder slot of
>>> ubumenu.
>>
>
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>


September 25, 2006 | 9:17 pm

yeah. I was being verbose with the message boxes to make the point of
different paths. Thanks <3

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

On Sep 24, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Peter Castine wrote:

> On 23-Sep-2006, at 16:14, vade wrote:
>
>> hah, Ive never known about absolute path for some reason.
>
> Also, you could write [prepend set prefix] instead of using two
> prepend objects.
>
> ————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
> Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
> Universal Binaries on the way
> iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
> Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
> Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
> http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de
>
>


Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)