Forums > MaxMSP

rendering GL to a matrix

June 23, 2011 | 3:34 am

I’ve been trying to render GL to a matrix for some time without success. I get the sense that is not a very common thing to do. I need a matrix because I will be converting this small matrix to DMX commands.

I was able to modify the jit.gl.videoplane max help file to do this without any real trouble, but when I try to create a patch on my own it always fails.

I am unable to see the difference in what I am doing, so I am at a point where I’ll have to reluctantly avoid using GL unless someone else has pojnters for me. (Do you ever feel kinda dumb?)

To top it off, I managed to make jit.gradient to stop working, and I can’t figure that out either. I really did my homework on this one, as you will see in the patch. I send jit.gradient what looks like the exact command that the help file does, but mine only creates a very black gradient, hmmm.

Thanks anyone for checking this out, it will likely be obvious to eyes other than mine.

MH

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 23, 2011 | 11:19 pm

Fixed. [zmap] parameters had a decimal I didn’t see because of patch lines in a jumble. This prevented [jit.gradient] from showing anything.

Free advice: Use [jit.cellblock] to analyze the data coming out of any jitter object to find out what stupid thing you might have done.

I did find what I think might be a strange issue. matrix names must be more than one character long in order to bind with GL objects. I haven’t had time to confirm this.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)