resetting a patch

May 28, 2011 at 3:59pm

resetting a patch

quick question is there a way to reset all the components within a patch to the settings the patch is saved in-via a message (reset)?

cheers

May 28, 2011 at 5:20pm

mmmh … maybe i’m misunderstanding the question but what about using the graphical preset object, or else the autopattr object ?

May 28, 2011 at 5:20pm

mmmh … maybe i’m misunderstanding the question but what about using the graphical preset object, or else the autopattr object ?

May 28, 2011 at 6:08pm

ya your best bet will be the preset object, or you could do a bunch of loadmess objects into everything that you want to set to default and use universal to re-bang all the loadmess objects.

GW

May 28, 2011 at 6:08pm

ya your best bet will be the preset object, or you could do a bunch of loadmess objects into everything that you want to set to default and use universal to re-bang all the loadmess objects.

GW

May 28, 2011 at 9:20pm

patrstorage would save you using loadmess on every flonum and slider.
patrstorage is far superior at a click of a button you recall settings across the entire patch , you can have as many presets as you like. its pretty cool.

you do not even have to name all your objects or do anything too annoying.

because the (autopattr @ autoname 1) object will give a script name to every variable object in your patch like flonums toggles etc… then using pattrstorage you can save all these scripts to a file ( as a preset.)

once you do this you can then erase the ( @ autoname 1) and just leave (autopattr) and patterstorage in your patch.

if you do not want pattrstorage recall on a specific object (like the actual buttons and number boxes you use to control pattrstorage-< very important) you can delete the script name in the 'inspector' of these particular objects.

each time you create a new object in your patch autopattr will give it a unique script name like “toggle-134″ and flonum-165 so you do not have too.

all you have to do is store a setting (1,2,3,4,ect ) then click save to file.

It does work very well. it is best to remove all loadmess objects when you set this up, so that only pattr has control over the memory of your objects. otherwise they can battle it out and leave you in a weird mess.

May 28, 2011 at 9:20pm

patrstorage would save you using loadmess on every flonum and slider.
patrstorage is far superior at a click of a button you recall settings across the entire patch , you can have as many presets as you like. its pretty cool.

you do not even have to name all your objects or do anything too annoying.

because the (autopattr @ autoname 1) object will give a script name to every variable object in your patch like flonums toggles etc… then using pattrstorage you can save all these scripts to a file ( as a preset.)

once you do this you can then erase the ( @ autoname 1) and just leave (autopattr) and patterstorage in your patch.

if you do not want pattrstorage recall on a specific object (like the actual buttons and number boxes you use to control pattrstorage-< very important) you can delete the script name in the 'inspector' of these particular objects.

each time you create a new object in your patch autopattr will give it a unique script name like “toggle-134″ and flonum-165 so you do not have too.

all you have to do is store a setting (1,2,3,4,ect ) then click save to file.

It does work very well. it is best to remove all loadmess objects when you set this up, so that only pattr has control over the memory of your objects. otherwise they can battle it out and leave you in a weird mess.

May 29, 2011 at 1:00pm

hey,

would it be the same for sub patches.–>basically I’m making an interface that many people will be using, so i have a sub-patch and when that is complete or the time runs out it takes you back to the master patch–but because its a sub-patch all the co-ordinates need to be saved to the original positions ect so that if you complete the task or the time runs out the patch will go to the beginning again?

May 29, 2011 at 1:00pm

hey,

would it be the same for sub patches.–>basically I’m making an interface that many people will be using, so i have a sub-patch and when that is complete or the time runs out it takes you back to the master patch–but because its a sub-patch all the co-ordinates need to be saved to the original positions ect so that if you complete the task or the time runs out the patch will go to the beginning again?

May 29, 2011 at 5:22pm

hi

I think i understand. if you want only your subpatch to return back to its original state (regards number boxes,switches and toggles ect..) at the end of a timer or when the user hits a button to say they have finished using the subpatch yes that is o.k

what you need to do is make the subpatch read the stored settings from memory or the Hard drive and that can be done with a simple bang.

I wish I had Max on my internet machine here,i could send you a little patch..

Best thing to do is to make a new patch to make a test, create a pattrstorage object and an autopattr object too, then create some number boxes for a test, look at the help file in pattrstorage and try and see if you can wire up a couple of store and recall message buttons ( 1,2) store a few settings from and recall them. (this is from the ram. if you want to store and recall from the HD you need to ‘write to file’.

dont forget :
for your test , right click a number box you wish to save settings for (inspector),
notice there is a space for a scripting name. if there is not anything there, type in something like “numberbox1″

This scripting name is what pattrstorgae uses to file your settings to memory and or Hard drive.

once you get this initial test working. and you wish to apply this to your subpatch.
place (autopattr @ autoname 1) in the patch and every variable parameter like toggles and flonums will be given a unique script name. ( which is great saves you having to do it all yourself)

see how you go and message back with any problems. :)

May 29, 2011 at 5:22pm

hi

I think i understand. if you want only your subpatch to return back to its original state (regards number boxes,switches and toggles ect..) at the end of a timer or when the user hits a button to say they have finished using the subpatch yes that is o.k

what you need to do is make the subpatch read the stored settings from memory or the Hard drive and that can be done with a simple bang.

I wish I had Max on my internet machine here,i could send you a little patch..

Best thing to do is to make a new patch to make a test, create a pattrstorage object and an autopattr object too, then create some number boxes for a test, look at the help file in pattrstorage and try and see if you can wire up a couple of store and recall message buttons ( 1,2) store a few settings from and recall them. (this is from the ram. if you want to store and recall from the HD you need to ‘write to file’.

dont forget :
for your test , right click a number box you wish to save settings for (inspector),
notice there is a space for a scripting name. if there is not anything there, type in something like “numberbox1″

This scripting name is what pattrstorgae uses to file your settings to memory and or Hard drive.

once you get this initial test working. and you wish to apply this to your subpatch.
place (autopattr @ autoname 1) in the patch and every variable parameter like toggles and flonums will be given a unique script name. ( which is great saves you having to do it all yourself)

see how you go and message back with any problems. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.