Forums > MaxMSP

resetting forum password

February 24, 2009 | 1:32 am

I am trying to negotiate the forum/RSS feeds/whatever. I had to reset my password, which I did, and now want to change it something more memorable than the random letter/digit combo that the forum generates. However, I get this happy message when I visit my "Control Panel/Account Settings" to do the deed:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/a"http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php was not found on this server.

I can imagine why the URL wasn’t found. No I am _not_ a fan of this forum-change.

brad

February 24, 2009 | 2:37 am
Bradford Garton wrote on Mon, 23 February 2009 18:32
I can imagine why the URL wasn’t found. No I am _not_ a fan of this forum-change.

It would be much more constructive if you were to tell us why you think the URL wasn’t found, or what you think the source of the problem might be.

The reason the URL wasn’t found is, it’s a bug, and a fairly minor one at that, one affecting only WebKit-based browsers such as Safari. In the meantime, if you really want to change your password, you can use Firefox, or you can wait for me to fix this bug, which I’ll be glad to do as soon as I have a spare moment to devote to it.

w

February 24, 2009 | 3:22 am

Arg, my apologies. I’m afraid I let my typing get ahead of my thinking yet again. I saw the malformed URL and should have simply reported it as a bug instead of getting all snarky. Stupid old-dog-new-tricks me.

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad

July 7, 2012 | 5:11 pm

Hi, I seemed having hard time to log in and reset my password on this site. Is there someone who can assist me on that?
I am new here. thanks! Please send me messages to: jingjing374@gmail.com instead this user forum site. Thanks!

July 10, 2012 | 10:47 am

it is a bit hidden.
you can find your user page by clicking on your email in the right top corner.
then click on "edit this information" beside the avatar and user name.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)