Forums > MaxMSP

Retrieving patcher data

Joe
October 6, 2013 | 11:13 am

Hi guys

Could somebody point me in the direction of documentation on retrieving information from a patcher on another computer, via internet connection.

For example, I send a max msp application to another computer but I can receive information from the patcher via the internet.

Is this even possible?

All the best

J

October 6, 2013 | 1:30 pm

have a look at [udpreceive] and [udpsend] objects
check the Tutorial 3: UDP Networking

October 6, 2013 | 1:36 pm

also check the [net.maxhole] object as well as the whole [net.] objects…

Joe
October 6, 2013 | 1:39 pm

nice one dude, thanks for the direction

Joe
October 11, 2013 | 3:44 pm

I have been experimenting with UDP objects and I have had some cracking results. Two major questions though which I can’t find the answer to.

If I want to send and receive multiple data how do I do that? Use more UDPSEND’s? Because the help file suggests that this would be an issue.

Also, I am having trouble getting the system to work when connecting two computers. For example, below is a much simpler version of my patch which has combined two patches that would normally be on two different computers. The problem is they are not receiving any information when I test it on different computers but on the same internet. They do work when I test the two patches on my computer. I am aiming to get the two patches to connect with each other on different computers on with different IP addresses.

If anyone understands what is wrong that would be majorly helpful!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)