Revenge of Hippie Patching

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:53am

Revenge of Hippie Patching

Have at it ladies and gentleman.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 23, 2011 at 5:44pm

Pretty sure I broke the rules on this, but I added a synced oscillator to the bass line…

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:02pm

A little more :)

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:47am

Really like the new patch, but am just working out exactly what’s happening inside. Going back to the first iteration by AudioMatt, I’m really amazed by what’s going on with the cycle~ objects.. didn’t know you could drive oscillators like that. So would you describe this as Re-synthesis?

The sound reminds me of a Vsti from a few years ago called Beatburner, I wonder if that used a similar process?

Keep up the good work,

Mark

ps. The first instances of this patch can be found here:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=34502

Somewhere around 85% down through the thread, in-case anyone is new to this.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:27pm

ignore

Attachments:
  1. Archive.zip
Aug 24, 2011 at 1:32pm

Mark, this has been my thing for a while. I don’t have tons of experience writing super duper analog inspired oscillators so I throw a ton of stuff between phasor and cycle.

Take a look at this. I use it when I need to go nuts. Typically what I do is hook each parameter up to a step sequencer like you see in the later versions of our patch here.

Warnings.
* I have no idea what kind of externals it requires. *
* these are just examples, not finished abstractions. one day….*

Attachments:
  1. Archive.zip
Aug 24, 2011 at 2:10pm

I forgot how to use this thing :D AWESOME!

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:11pm

Hi AudioMatt

The last patch you posted seems to be just the presentation GUI the guts are missing?

Yep I agree with Mark it’s a unique way of driving cycles~ and I also would like to thank Peter for the groove extraction – I hadn’t seen {%~ 1} being used before.

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:31pm

@ AudioMatt,

Thanks for sharing your patches, I had a brief look and it looks like a nice approach. I’m too busy trying to finish things at the moment but will look into them soon.

Seems like most of the missing externals are your creations, are they available for download anywhere?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.