Forums > MaxMSP

Reverb

March 30, 2011 | 7:46 pm

Hello,

anyone have and want’s to share a cool reverb~? I am building a mixer to process sound files and have already some effects but still working on a reverb. Any other ideas for some cool effects?

Thanks a lot

March 30, 2011 | 9:28 pm

the reverb example in the MSP section of the Examples Overview (in the extras menu) is a good place to start for reverbs.

March 30, 2011 | 10:28 pm

yeah you can use a tapin~ tapout~ and explore the feedback as a way to create dsp stuff. I think that it is a very interesting way to approach this

March 30, 2011 | 11:05 pm

Most of the max objects are now commercial and not freeware anymore… at least when it comes to reverbs…. Tap in tap out is nice but a bit limited, was looking for something a little more complex were you can introduce values of space, feedback, filters…

Thanks a lot

March 31, 2011 | 9:06 am

well tapout is simply not fast enough, as you need delaytimes in the microsecond range
to make a good verb. but there are objects like comb, allpass, or teeth, and they will do
everything you need.
in theory it is not difficult to make a good verb, but if you biuld one from thousands of
allpases you will run out of CPU sooner or later.
for a classic verb, i´d use a commercial vvst plug-in, when it comes to maxmsp, i would
prefer create some weird new effect reverb and not the usual room simulation.

March 31, 2011 | 2:53 pm

I know what you mean but the problem is that my vst~ is craching all the time and ca’t open any plug-in…

March 31, 2011 | 10:11 pm

go right ahead and use the [yafr] or [yafr2] abstractions- the first explains it how to use itself while the other is a bit more complex, but once you understand the concept is a good tool :) hope that helps :)

A

April 1, 2011 | 12:41 am

Thanks a lot. I am using it already.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)