ReWire Sync – Max/Live

May 14, 2009 at 8:23pm

ReWire Sync – Max/Live

So I’m trying to sync file playback in Max with Live’s transport through ReWire. So far the file playback is off but I can’t find where it’s happening. I can’t tell if it’s something I’m doing wrong or if there’s a problem with the ReWire sync. I know this patch is a bit frankensteiny, I’ve pieced it together through my studies, but I would appreciate it if anyone could take a look at it. The project I’ve attached is a Live 8 file using ‘jongly.aif’ as the test file. If you have a previous version of Live you can just set up two audio tracks, one for the ‘jongly’ clip and the other for Max audio output.

I know there will probably only be a select few who will be able to/be interested in testing this, but again I appreciate any help I can get. If there’s something not clear about the patch please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks,

David

May 15, 2009 at 2:21am

hi,

i’ve just tested your patch and live project. It’s all working here… just opened both replace buffer on Max and hit play on Live, and it’s working. I have a tinny delay in Max sound coming thru rewire, probably is my computer, don’t know.

Thanks

Luis Marques

May 15, 2009 at 1:37pm

Thanks for checking it out Luis. It seems that for my setup I’m having to set the delay compensation on the Max track within Live to about -128ms to get the two beats to line up. Have you adjusted the delay compensation on the track and if so could you tell me how much you have to adjust?

And if anyone knows of a better way to test this please chime in.

Thanks

David

May 15, 2009 at 2:45pm

hi,

I’v started to put -128ms in track delay but that didn’t work, have to raise to -209, you could get another loop, more simple… it’s better to adjust… I think the longer the loop is playing more delay is needed.

Luis Marques

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.