Forums > Jitter

running a slideshow from an USB stick

June 24, 2011 | 10:00 am

Is there someone who lnows if we can put a slideshow on an USB stick.
I use Max at the moment connected to a TV but I would like to get rid of the cable connection between the computer and the TV. Therefore, I would like to load the pictures and the program on an USB stick.
Is that possible?

Jan
June 24, 2011 | 11:17 am

Your slideshow is a max-patch?

Ed
June 24, 2011 | 8:52 pm

Your TV can not run Max patches, no. But if your TV has a USB port, it may already have built-in slide show capabilities so you won’t need Max.

June 25, 2011 | 9:45 am

I havz a TV without USB so I can not say if a slideshow function exists. I would buy one in case it will help displaying the pictures direct omitting a cable connection. Could you confirm that a USB automatically has a slideshow function, or is there still a particular model which offers this?

I use Christopher Dobrians patch which is a Max patch at the moment.

Jan
June 25, 2011 | 11:10 am

hi Hans,

USB connection and slideshow-functionality are not necessarily identical. But I know that there are tv sets around that display images on a USB key as a slideshow. I used one recently in an exhibition, but I unfortunately don’t remember the model.

Best jan.

Ed
June 27, 2011 | 8:47 pm

I don’t have a list of TV models with this feature but you can find some listed on Amazon and elsewhere.

There are other ways of dispensing with a computer. Some DVD players will play slideshows from CDs, DVDs and even USB devices. There are also media players like the relatively inexpensive Western Digital TV Live. It can play slideshows from USB sticks and harddrives AND you can also plug a wireless adapter into the device and play files from a shared network directory on your computer (without cables) or even view images from Flickr on the web.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)