sa.function: bug ? and question…

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:01am

sa.function: bug ? and question…

hi all
I use the wonderful sa.function object for a project.

I have weird problem with “readmultiline 1″ attribute:

sa.function: int/float: unexpected error (code = 4)

can you reproduce it with the included patch ?

and another question: is this possible to have different colors for lines ?
(for instance: line 1: red, line 2: green, line 3: blue ) ?

Thx.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jan 7, 2012 at 5:24am

Hi all

I too am having problems with sa.function. It’s a brilliant object, and I look forward to working with it more – so hopefully there is a fix or a way around this:

My aim is to use the “readmultline” function, to analyse a list so that I can track the location of peaks etc. and then apply some fuzzy-logic processing to it.

I have not been able to get it to work the same as the demonstration patch included in the help file (in the help file version, all works well!)

When I try to copy and past that patch, and then modify it with my own values – its stops working…

I cant get all the functions to display their output – only the selected on – even when I have activated (1) the “readmultline” message.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jan 7, 2012 at 6:06am

hey all

I just emailed Toshiro – I was using an old version!
“Please try the one uploaded at http://cycling74.com/toolbox/sa-function/. The demo patch works fine on my Mac 10.7.2, Max 5.1.9.”

sa.function ROCKS! 

Cheers,
george

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:09pm

Yup, the new version (0.3.2) fixes the multiline bugs.

Regarding specifying colors for multiple lines, this isn’t quite straight forward because I use attributes to store colors. Attributes simplify saving colors in patches, work with copy/paste, etc. but unfortunately cannot be created dynamically. Maybe there’s a clever way of doing this, but may break backwards compatibility with older versions.

Cheers,
Toshiro

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:54pm

What about sa.function based on 64 bit and newest max version? Can anyone update this tool if it’s not finished?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.