saffire 6 USB + MaxMSP = Not Responding
Correctly installed Saffire 6 USB under Win7 SP1; works as normal with Ableton and Reason, whose respective control panels show expected defaults of 470samples buffer 48k SR. Same settings appear when choosing the Saffire within Max. Then, adding any audio objects causes Max to freeze, despite trashing Prefs folder and restarting.
Anyone using this device, or should I take my case to support?
System restore, then I let the installer put the soundcard driver where it wanted to (OS partition, rather than /My_Apps/), now Max is happy
Hello Brendan… Forgive my ignorance but can you please post a more detailed description of your solution because i have exactly the same problem?
I will post a more detailed response in the morning, but I seem to remember mistakenly installing both the USB1.1 AND the USB2 driver versions; I removed both of these then installed ONLY the USB1.1 version, and left all the install variables as defaults, ie install where it wanted to.
Hello Brendan and thanks for answering…
How can i change directory of the driver? the saffire 6 usb driver 1.1 does not give me any option to change directory…also i have to mention that i have done already some actions without effect like uninstall-reinstall focusrite driver and max 6, trash the preferences folder (appData/Roaming/Cycling74) …
Also max 6 works fine with ad_nme driver (latency 40msec) and crashes when i try to use ASIO driver (which has latency lower than 10msec)
all I can tell you is that I ran the installer from the Saffire 6 USB CD and did not change any of the defaults, whereas previously I had used the Browse option to install the driver/software on my own "Apps" partition. So, to ‘fix’ the problem I was having I let the installer install where it wanted to and now no problems with Max etc
thank you again Brendan..and i am sorry if i was persistent