Forums > MaxMSP

Sampler difficulties

March 19, 2013 | 9:40 pm

Hi guys, i'm building a patch that has a selectable loop player(for drum loops), and a basic polyphonic sample player with a menu to select samples that uses the keyboard to trigger the samples (like logic caps lock keyboard), so far the drum loop player is done, and the caps lock midi keyboard is working but i can't figure out how to get the keyboard to trigger samples from a umenu, any help?

[attachment=218291,5217]

Attachments:
  1. ScreenShot20130319at21.27.45.png

March 19, 2013 | 9:57 pm

The best thing to do is post your patch – copy compressed. See here if you’re not sure how:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=36405

See: How do I post Max 5 or 6 patches in the condensed format?

March 19, 2013 | 10:03 pm

ok thanks,

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 19, 2013 | 10:36 pm

I don’t have your samples loaded to test it, but maybe something like this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Try pressing Q and W as they should be assigned in the new coll.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re planning, but you may find sfplay is too limited. Have you looked at groove~ and polybuffer~? If you’re making a looping drum player they might give you more options.

March 19, 2013 | 10:49 pm

thanks for replying, the drum looper is fine, works how i want it to, the other part of the patch is where i’m struggling, in essence i want to have a umenu of selectable sounds (piano, synth stabs, bass stabs, chords) that are triggered by the caps lock keyboard i set up, i can’t figure out how to get the caps lock keyboard to trigger sounds from the umenu, hope thats a better explanation

March 19, 2013 | 11:49 pm

Have you seen this tutorial – polyphonic sampler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm1uWS1yuFk

There are 2 parts. It probably covers your needs as you state them pretty well. It’s a bit more complex because it uses poly~ but perhaps you need polyphony anyway. You can then use a coll to trigger the umenu and sampler.

If you want this all to sync you will need to look at other objects though – groove~ and/or wave~

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)