Forums > MaxMSP

Saving MIDI files for mtr

April 19, 2007 | 1:15 am

Hey, i’ve got a patch in which i want to have stored melodies each consisting of 16 notes. I want these notes to be played by connecting a metro to a [next] message. Currently ive been recording melodies into a [mtr] object, and this works great but when i close max, the recorded melody is lost. Can i save a [mtr] MIDI file?

I know you can save a [seq] MIDI file, but [seq] does not understand the [next] command. Is there any way i can have a [seq] MIDI file saved and have it load its contents into a [mtr] object when max opens?

Thanks.

April 19, 2007 | 6:02 am

Hi,
I read in the max reference manual about [mtr]:

write
In left inlet: Calls up the standard Save As dialog box, allowing the contents of mtr to be saved as a separate file. Note that the only way to save the contents of mtr is with the write message; the object’s contents cannot be embedded in a patcher file.

do you try this?

April 19, 2007 | 11:45 am

Ah of course! Thanks so much. Id read that reference page so many times, but for some reason never took that it. It was 4am mind you. I can loadbang a message like [read melody1] and it will automatically load in melody1, without bringing up an "open" box. Great success!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)