Forums > MaxMSP

Saving More Than 1 VST State?

August 12, 2008 | 1:37 pm

Hi All,

Wondering if someone can push me in the right direction here…

I have a MAX setup that has 8 VST objects, and I’m trying to figure out how to save the plug-in settings.

Thanks to a friendly member here, I’ve got it so that I can reliably save 1 VST setting as a ‘.fxb’ file. I’m wondering if there is a way to save 8 VST’s in one file? Or, better yet, is there an easy way to save absolutely all settings in my set up (all MAX objects), as well as those 8 VST’s, all at once, so switching between songs would be as simple as loading one .xml file?

I would be hugely appreciative if someone could at least nudge me in the right direction, or better yet, tell me exactly how to do it – or if it’s even possible…

Cheers,
Joel

August 12, 2008 | 2:14 pm

It’s time to read the pattr tutorials.

August 12, 2008 | 2:23 pm

Hi there!

Thanks for the nudging. I’ll take another look at those…

Cheers,
Joel

PS. In the meantime, if anyone wants to do it for me I’d be happy. Also, if anyone wants to finish this patch for me, do my grocery shopping and pick up my dry cleaning, I’d also be happy about it :)

August 12, 2008 | 4:37 pm

OK – it’s making me crazy. I can come close, but it never seems to work properly or reliably.

I will pay – seriously – if someone can help me out here. I’m under a bit of a time crunch.

Contact me here or via email if you think you can assist me in creating a patch that will reliably save and recall the states of 8 separate VST instruments within a MAX patch.

First and foremost, I want to be able to load the MAX patch I am currently working on and have the VST instruments *and* edits appear as they were when I saved.

Secondly, the ability to switch between ALL settings (I know how to do this with everything but the VSTs) as one would switch between presets would also be hugely awesome.

Anyone?

Cheers
Joel

August 13, 2008 | 7:09 pm

joelsquare schrieb:
> I would be hugely appreciative if someone could at least nudge me in
> the right direction, or better yet, tell me exactly how to do it – or
> if it’s even possible…

I would not bother to combine all into a single file. Just create a
folder which would keep all the preset files. Just give them
automatically some meaningful names like MyMainPattrs.xml
MyVSTPresets_1.fxb, MyVSTPresets_2.fxb…
If you have a relative file path, and a fixed naming convention, this
should work fine, the patch would just automatically look for these
preset files and load/store them to that place…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

August 13, 2008 | 7:20 pm

Ah!!!

Thank you… this helps hugely.

I’ll try that approach.

Cheers,
Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)