Forums > MaxMSP

Saying hello

April 4, 2007 | 8:31 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to pop by to say hi and introduce myself.

I’m a Live and Lemur user finally taking a serious step towards Max/Msp. Coming from Clavia’s modular world – now all soft apart from lappy and Lemur – I’m looking forward to getting my hands dirty with some programming. Last time I did some coding was on my Commodore 128 and Amiga 500 about 20-25 years ago. And that was Basic…

Anyway – I’m looking forward to getting past the tutorials!

Cheers,
Mikael


April 4, 2007 | 8:42 pm

welcome Mikael. I hope you’ll have some good time and enjoy programming with max/msp :)

thanks,
Mike



jln
April 4, 2007 | 8:46 pm

Hello !

lesson #1:

Copy the text below and select ‘New from clipboard’ from Max (4.6)’s ‘File’ menu. Tada !

#P button 116 60 15 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 116 154 32 196617 print;
#P message 116 119 31 196617 hello;
#P newex 116 84 48 196617 loadbang;
#P comment 134 60 100 196617 < < click me;
#P connect 4 0 1 0;
#P connect 1 0 2 0;
#P connect 2 0 3 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 5;

(sorry, I couldn’t resist… ;-)

Feel welcome here. Enjoy Max.

Best,
Julien.


April 4, 2007 | 8:56 pm

| #P button 116 60 15 0;
| #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
| #P window linecount 1;
| #P newex 116 154 32 196617 print;
| #P message 116 119 31 196617 hello;
| #P newex 116 84 48 196617 loadbang;
| #P comment 134 60 100 196617 < < click me;
| #P connect 4 0 1 0;
| #P connect 1 0 2 0;
| #P connect 2 0 3 0;
| #P window clipboard copycount 5;

Julien…

I don’t get the joke, yet… :-)

My trial has run out and I’m awaiting my serial – I guess I’ll get back to you.

-M


April 4, 2007 | 10:43 pm

Quote: jln wrote on Wed, 04 April 2007 13:46
—————————————————-
> Hello !
>
> lesson #1:
>
> Copy the text below and select ‘New from clipboard’ from Max (4.6)’s ‘File’ menu. Tada !
>
>
> #P button 116 60 15 0;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P newex 116 154 32 196617 print;
> #P message 116 119 31 196617 hello;
> #P newex 116 84 48 196617 loadbang;
> #P comment 134 60 100 196617 < < click me;
> #P connect 4 0 1 0;
> #P connect 1 0 2 0;
> #P connect 2 0 3 0;
> #P window clipboard copycount 5;
>
>
> (sorry, I couldn’t resist… ;-)
>
> Feel welcome here. Enjoy Max.
>
> Best,
> Julien.
—————————————————-

Julien, shouldn’t that be?:

#P button 116 60 15 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 116 154 32 196617 print;
#P message 116 119 60 196617 hello world;
#P newex 116 84 48 196617 loadbang;
#P comment 134 60 100 196617 < < click me;
#P connect 2 0 3 0;
#P connect 1 0 2 0;
#P connect 4 0 1 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 5;


April 5, 2007 | 9:26 am

Quote: jln wrote on Wed, 04 April 2007 22:46
—————————————————-

> Copy the text below and select ‘New from clipboard’ from Max (4.6)’s ‘File’ menu. Tada !

New from clipboard isn’t even necessary. Cmd+N, Cmd+V works too, saves you some clicks ;)

Mattijs



jln
April 5, 2007 | 11:22 am

Quote: Mattijs wrote on Thu, 05 April 2007 11:26
—————————————————-
> New from clipboard isn’t even necessary. Cmd+N, Cmd+V works too, saves you some clicks ;)

hehe. You’re right. That’s why ‘New from Clipboard’ is Cmd+alt+N here.

mm… Who are we to care about one more click ?…

Note to Mikael:

Max can affect your health and cause some sudden access of frenzy when opening a patch. :-)

Best,
Julien.


April 5, 2007 | 12:18 pm

Quote: jln wrote on Thu, 05 April 2007 13:22
—————————————————-

> mm… Who are we to care about one more click ?…

PC users ;D


April 6, 2007 | 12:20 am


April 6, 2007 | 2:27 pm


April 6, 2007 | 4:06 pm

Thanks Andreas!

I really appreciate it. I got my serial after Cycling74′s mail server melt-down, but haven’t gotten response on my challenge code. Guess I’ll have to wait until easter is over.

I shouldn’t have waited until the demo expired… :~(

Cheers,
Mikael


Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)