Forums > MaxMSP

scale fail!

June 6, 2014 | 7:43 am

Hi, I’m trying to scale frequency back to MIDI so my dials move as the frequency is changed allowing them to update when i switch between filters. Any help would be appreciated..

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 6, 2014 | 7:47 am

Have a look at [ftom]

June 6, 2014 | 8:16 am

Hi,

yes, I’ve used ftom in the patch. Without scaling the patch was working fine- like this>

But when i used scaling it stops working.

I think I’ve messed up on the frequecny to MIDI, but i’m not sure..

June 6, 2014 | 1:37 pm

well of course, you take a value in Hz as a MIDI one… and you reconvert it to Hz(but it is already Hz)… but i don’t understand what you’re trying to do here, it’s a bit bizarre !

June 6, 2014 | 4:21 pm

put the ftom behind the scale

June 7, 2014 | 1:52 am

sorry if I’m confusing anyone. To clarify: patch 1 (below), allows me to change frequency of 2 filters using one dial. I can control which band the dial changes using the tab. The dial position updates when i toggle the tab.

I needed to scale the dial value as it was too coarse so scaled MIDI to Hz. This is where its going wrong- I would like this to work like patch 1 (i.e. the dial position updating as I switch between filters using tab) but with the scaling added to make the dials control smoother..

`

• This reply was modified 1 month by  josha.

June 8, 2014 | 3:51 am

Apologies for the bump. I’m still scratching my head over this. Any help would be massively appreciated..

June 9, 2014 | 11:03 am

Filtergraph~ is outputting the values for all of its filters with every update, so you need to distinguish between the different filters. (You can see this by attaching a print object to filtergraph~’s frequency outlet; it happens too fast for you to see in a numberbox.)

Try this:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)