Scale gives me only results for min and max value (no ramp) why?

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:40pm

Scale gives me only results for min and max value (no ramp) why?

Hello there! I’ve attatch a patch that uses the scale object to convert 0-1024 into (what I hoped would be) values between 0-1 (ie 511 would be 0.5)

I only seem to get a value sent when my number boxe has 0 to <1024 which gives a 0
and 1024 to <2047 gives a 1, >2048 gives a 2 …..etc

It seems i have told the patch to convert the numbers into integers when i want floats or a ramp between values (I need an accurate ramping value)

Any help to say where I’ve gone wrong would be awesome

Thanks for your time

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:03pm

Without seeing your patch i assume that you have add the . [dot] after arguments to work with float numbers not integer.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:07pm

All floats for all number boxes and object arguments (for the relevant parts of the patch anyway)

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:22pm

What Jan says it true, scale needs to know it’s dealing with floating point, as do any line objects and numberboxes.

If you can’t be bothered to isolate the part of your patch that you’re having trouble with, you’re probably not going to get specific answers. At any rate, I’m not going to comb through a large patch to try to find where the problem might be.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:38pm

Hi Chris thanks for your time, I honestly have removed a good 80% of the patch (it was well too big to be posted on the forums lol) I understanf that a massive patch doesn’t pin-point the parts that are relevant so I have tried to include only the parts that are.

There are floating point number boxes for everything I can think of that might be part of the problem and floating point arguments for the scale object and connected boxes. If they were all integers I could understand but with all the floats I’m confused

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:39pm

AArrhh I fixed it! I did the old turn off the computer and try again and now it works fine, grrrr. dont know whethter to blame myself or my computer or max for this one

cheers for your time anyway guys

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.