scripting bpatcher & preset

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:51pm

scripting bpatcher & preset

Hi,

Before explanation please see the patches attached it will probably be more clear (well I hope so).

I have 3 bpatchers I create by scripting and I want to be able to recall presets from these bpatchers. But it doesn’t work on the second and third one. To have the correct information stored in preset send to these bpatchers I have to recall the preset a second time.

I’m pretty sure that the problem is the presets informations are send before the bpatcher is totally created. Is there a trick to delay some of these presets informations ?

I provided a preset file

Thanks,

Pierre

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:06pm

If you’re sending the [preset] a command like “1″ to recall preset #1, just use a [pipe 1000] or thereabouts to delay that command after you’ve scripted the bpatchers. Should work fine.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:46pm

I think my explanation is faulty.

What I would like is to control the flow of the pattrstorage (or find another method if it’s impossible).

When I recall a preset the first time, the preset creates the bpatcher, load a patch inside and send the behaviour of what’s inside that patch (toggle, number, etc..). The problem is that sometimes what’s inside the bpatcher is not totally create and so receive the behaviour too soon (ie receive nothing).

The preset work though when I recall it a second time because I’ve put a command telling to not re-create a bpatcher that’s already loaded. So this time everything is already there, ready to receive the behaviour.

I hope it’s more clear.

Pierre

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.